new bluebird houses

Dan Noren

Staff member
earlier today i ran into a former coworker on facebook. when i told him that i was going to turn some birdhouse ornaments, he asked if i could make bluebird houses. after a bit, we agreed on design, lumber, and price. he said that he wants two of them now, and more in the spring. the lumber to be used is aromatic red cedar. more pics to follow.

Attachments

• birdhouse lumber.jpg
    birdhouse lumber.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 40
here they are! 2 bluebird houses, ready to be picked up, put up some place, for a nice family of bluebirds to move in. the right sides of these houses are hinged to open for easy cleaning.

Attachments

• completed bluebird houses.jpg
    completed bluebird houses.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 48
Those are very nice. We use to have a guy (since pasted) that built like over 100 of those. He had them on posts all over the area in a 150 mule radius of our area. Every year he go around and clean them up and repair the. Just his thing.

What are the dimension of yours?

got those done tonight. as i was cleaning up, my nephew tony showed up to do some laundry. we got to talking, and it turns out that a friend of his is a vp at the place where i interviewed. i asked him to put in a good word for his old uncle. then it got even more interesting, he asked me to make a set of pillars for tea light candles in walnut, and he wanted to buy a set of arched tea light holders in walnut. i should have the pillars turned tomorrow, as i picked up the blanks for them tonight. also picked up a nice claro walnut blank as well.

Attachments

• bluebird house.jpg
    bluebird house.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 13