Friday 10-26 Edition

Friday once again, what do you have planned for the last weekend of October?

Myself, I WAS going to pick the family up at the airport tomorrow. Appears Sandy has them locked down on a small island off the coast of Florida. Looking like shop time for me, until Sunday, when they are now scheduled to return.

Working tonight and tomorrow. I took Sunday off for a church function and to take a ride to Rockler to pick up my new planer :D

Going to fill all the gasoline cans today for the generator just in case we lose power from Sandy.:(

Getting ready to be gone a week. Laundry, loading the car, packing, hair cut, etc. Plus getting ready for Sunday. Off line next week. Delivering my last commission work, meetings, a class, my Dad's service, legal stuff from selling the house, voting, picking up the last of the personal stuff, and a couple of promised repairs. Plus two days of driving to and fro. Leaving Sunday after services. Scheduled to be back on Friday night.

looks like some kind of stomach virus has decided what Im doing today and tomorrow.
I still have to get some work sanded and recoated today, must get it all inside before all the rain hits and then I cant move it out of the garage.
when did all this woodworking become a real job for me?

Quiet night at home today...shop time on Saturday morning then the afternoon with the wife and my BIL, SIL and Hurricane Sandy...errr....my MIL Sandy! :D for some cold ones before heading home to a warm fire. Sunday will be shop time and the final yard cleanup...at least I hope it will be the last.

Steve sounds like Sandy is packin a punch...hope they stay safe and dry!

Just heard from them Jeff. Sandy went to the east of them by a bit. They have no power but everything else is OK. Big party with all the trapped travelers. Making new friends.

Well, I will be completing the base for our new shed, and helping my son improve our back yard. He's done a lot already, and it will all look terrific when it is complete. He laid 1,000 sq. ft. of sod yesterday, and has a little more left to do, then put up the shed.

Halloween party tonight at a local pub where some musician friends of mine are playing. Saturday and Sunday I'll be getting my ducks in a row in preparation for a trip back home next weekend to see if the wife still recognizes me. (And to see if I still remember how to use the tools in my shop.)

You guys over on the other side of the country take care with all that storm stuff.

IM leaving my 10x20 carport up, Im not wasting time taking it down like I do everytime they expect strong winds.
Its tied down with ratchet straps tied to the fence, garage, and house.
Unless its like dorothy's storm, I think Ill be ok.
I just went to pick up some prescriptions, and I had to wait 10 minutes to park in the lot, the supermarket next door looked like they were giving away food for free.

Brewclub meeting tonight
Helping a friend move tomorrow, I have a pickup truck and access to another friends trailer so :D
Taking over oncall so a coworker can go to the game tomorrow night/sunday, might get some shop time in there but also need to do a bit of house cleaning so maybe not.

Been setting up the house all day for the party this weekend. Still have to vacuum everything, bring the furniture around from the back, setup the fire pits, hay bales, and projector screen tomorrow. Cooking a bunch of chili (red and white) right now and my wife is mixing up sangria. Will need a week to get everything back in place after the party...so don't expect any updates to the master bath any time soon. ;)

I finally got my mini-office set up (well mostly) in the shop. Its main purpose it fix it so I'm not running upstairs a dozen or two times when I am doing a project in the garage. I have been getting a lot of exercise that way---It especially exercises my frustration level.

Basically I have done a drawing on the computer and work on the project in the garage. Then, as one of our famous members states, the drawing (theory) becomes reality (as in, "Aw shucks, that won't work.). Then it is back up the stairs to change things...etc. etc. Now the old computer is right in the shop---Yippieee.

Since I am retired I use my upstairs office differently so I rearranged things to better serve today's needs. That took a heck of a lot longer than I anticipated.

Enjoy,

JimB

Oh yeah, I had to move a vacuum to this new location. It was in the way of the desk

Attachments

• IMG_1203.jpg
    IMG_1203.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1204.jpg
    IMG_1204.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 23
  • Shop Desk 1.jpg
    Shop Desk 1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Shop Desk 2.jpg
    Shop Desk 2.jpg