a really nice outfeed table for my TS

allen levine

kitchen reface 187 (Medium).jpgnah, its about the right height, but I dont think Ill be sliding any plywood sheets onto the trunk of the car anytime soon.
First time in years I had to move everything in shop so I can fit car inside.
This hurricane has already shut down all the schools here for tomorrow, the subways, buses will shut down at 7 pm tonight, meaning noone on Long Island is going to work tomorrow.(ofcourse, the untility and emergency personel will have to go in)
And I just heard once the winds reach 60 mph, they are shutting down all the bridges, bringing the entire big apple, and all the burbs, to a complete transit nightmare.

The local county executive announced people living in designated flood zones(unfortunately, I live in a flood zone)should consider leaving for higher ground. I live approx 2 miles from the ocean, but the house was built in late 40s, and never ever have we had flooding problems.
So I cleaned up anything laying around, took in all the halloween lawn decor, secured the carport, took down the top(wasnt going too, but finally broke down and did it), ratched down the piping, and now Im just waiting on the winds and water surge to see how much damage.

I have little faith in weathermen, I find them close to terrorists,weather terrorists, trying to scare everyone, not warn, scare, but my wife feels they are in cahoots with the supermarkets as the markets were so packed the last couple of days, totally ridiculous. We dont live in a rural area.
We have chinese takeout on every corner, and they never close. EVER!
Im confident, if we were victims of nuclear attack, only bacteria and chinese takeout would survive.

but, Im ready for the storm, and probably will lose my power sometime tomorrow.
I have no generator, so if the power is out more than 2 days, Im outta here.

Good luck to all up and down the east coast who dont need this headache.

And worst of all, I have hundreds of little toys and 50 lbs of candy for the kids on halloween, but it looks like there will be no halloween, and I cant eat the stuff.

Last edited:
the weathermen stated they expected the rain midnight last night.
We havent seen a drop of rain yet, maybe a mist this afternoon.
Winds are just now blowing maybe 15 mph steady with some gusts.

I have no doubt if the winds get strong, we will be without power a long time.
I live in nassau county, and my electric company, LIPA, is the highest rate electric company or close to the highest in the country. And there isnt a day goes by, you wont see 6 or 7 trucks parked outside some deli or food place constantly.
Im sure once the lines come down, the workers will be crying about 15 hour shifts, while sipping coffee 4 hours a day, and making double time salary and then the company will request nassau county grants them another 25% increase in rates.
And all along, the workers will continue to sip coffee, or have 18 guys at one work site, 3 of them actually doing any work.

I dont know what Ill do being locked up inside for 3-5 days. No shop and no place to go, could drive me nutso. and the wife is home also, no work for her, so I hope we dont kill each other by weeks end.

Keep safe bud and u cracked me up with that Nuke joke. :)

Allen time for you to think about trying your hand at carving. You could do it inside and dont need power. :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

my wife has 2 days planned out, cleaning, cleaning, and redoing my closet.
I hope this storm passes quickly, I need to keep my sanity and I like my quiet house during the day.(and not having a boss)

Allen, you've just made another argument for hand tools. One can still work wood without the 'lectrons pushing.

Seriously my friend, to you and all other members in the path - stay safe.
We are in the path too, of the rain and wind, but obviously not the sea surge.
We've got plenty to eat and drink, kerosene in the lamps, and wood in the stove.

Oh and before I forget - nice outfeed table. What kind of wax do you use on it to make the wood slide more easily?