Today's auction purchase

Tom Baugues

I found an auction near my home today that had a few things that peaked my interest, so after sitting through 2 hours of household furniture and TONS of Christmas decorations they finally got around to the tools for sale. This is what I came home with. It is the JET AFS-1000. This may be an older unit because all I can find on the web now are listed as a 1000B unit. The filters are as white as the day it was new and the inside of it is just as clean. It has been used but I'll bet not more than a time or two. The down side is that it does not have the remote. :( I think I'll simply plug it into where I plug my lights in and have it come on and off with the light switch on the wall for now. If I find I need it to run longer I can always pull the lights off by their chain and let the filter run.
100_1014 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
well, whatchya pay for it?

I run that unit, and it clears out the dust in minutes in my garage.(but I leave it on for the 2 hour cycle)

Well......I'm usually pretty cheap....but I did step up to the plate on this. I paid $175.00 for it. Further inspection of it now reveals that it was manufactured in December 2000. So it is an older unit. Although like I said before I'll bet it hasnt been used much. I have plugged it in and it seems to run well and all the controls seem to work ok. I've looked online and it appears that I may still be able to get the remote for about $25.00. So all in all I hope I did ok.

Last edited:
Congrats. Another option for a remote (on/off only) is the wireless dongles they make for Christmas lights and such. I picked up a few on clearance (make sure you get different channels) after Christmas several years back, for a song. I have been using one for my ambient cleaner for years.

Kinda like this but, not exactly. Just watch that whatever you get can handle the rated amperage: http://www.amazon.com/HW2190-Heavy-Duty-Remote-Control/dp/B000BQRHMM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hi_2

I had the same thought as Glenn. However, check the amperage of the remote to be sure it is adequate for the filter motor.
If you have a Harbor Freight check there or on the web. They have several remote switch units. They are quite inexpensive for that kind of thing.

I hope this helps you.

By the way, I am sure that neither of Glenn's parents had anything to do with his new look.

Enjoy,

JimB