Well I got to work this weekend on my new SCMS mobile base. It's 18" longer than the old one not counting the wings but sure seems like it takes up less space.
Assembled but before the face frame is made and attached.
With the poplar face frame made and attached to the front. The cabinet was pretty stiff already but when I glued on the face frame it's like it became a solid piece of wood.
I also made sure it was the same height as my table saw. I've noticed that since I redid the cabinets in my shop and made all work surfaces the same height everything seems to flow effortlessly now.
I also made sure I get my full 58 degrees to the right and 47 degrees to the left.
And I used a piece of 2" x 4" steel tubing I had left over from my mobile table saw cabinet build to support the front of the cabinet.
The slot mortiser is going to be on a pull out shelf with some drawers in the space in the upper right of it along with drawers in the opening to the right.
I haven't quite locked down a fence design yet but I'm close. I think I'm gonna do something similar to this but out of wood.