Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Sandy

Nova Scotia, 45N 64W

Hurricane Sandy

Take care there east coast guys. Hope you're all battened down and stocked up for the blow.

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Generator is ready to go. Gas fireplace is primed and ready. Will be looking for somewhere to take a shower, the generator doesn't run the well pump

I have a bunch of huge pine and oaks right next to the house I'm a bit worried about though.

Folks south of us are going to get the brunt of the storm, be safe all.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Kansas City, Missouri
    Sounds like you need a holding tank Bob or at least get a 50 gallon drum or two to pump from for emergencies with a auxiliary pump that the generator can work.

Stay safe all, will keep you in our thoughts.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word boo. Robert Brault

Allen L is the one standing point on this for us. It's looking like up my way is just going to get some wind and rain.
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

Outside the beltway
    We will have 75 mph sustained winds tonight and through the night. Flooding is already happening.
    100 yards of board walk is already gone in OC Md. This I am afraid will be much worse then Agnes ever was.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

new york city burbs
    the city and long island is shut down. Completely, but the mail came this morning.
    All stores that remained open are shutting by 2 or 3 today.
    Last night was basically nothing, and so far today rain has been light, sporadic, but the winds have picked up considerably since this morning.
    My wife is home, they just cancelled tomorrows classes as well.
    We have plenty of food, no generator, plenty of water, I filled the tub just in case we need water to flush for any reason.(I dont know why I do this, but I always fill the tub when a hurricane is expected)
    Id rather be in the garage making furniture.
    If I had somewhere to park my car, Id be out there until the power goes off.
    Human Test Dummy

Cortland NY
    Aw shucks it's just a little rain...

Just have to be closer to home and in the event of anything happening well I guess it will happen. Have gas stove, wood stove, water supply, and plenty of stored food for many days without anything. At this point nothing has closed and doubting that they will. Things around here just don't shut for any storm let alone one that looks this size. Oh and without TV at the house I guess you don't get that worried for days before. That's a good thing.

new york city burbs
    weathermen are claiming the storm surge will be greater than that of katrina.
    Im pretty sure all the coastal areas are going to take a massive hit.
    Lower manhattan will probably be under water and the subways shut down for a week.
    Human Test Dummy

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Good luck guys, lets hope for the best,and expect the worst. Heck even my family is getting ready for this,after the last floods up there.

Croton, Ohio (about a half hour NE of Columbus)
    Diane and I left Frisco NC on Hatteras Island about 11:00 am This past Friday after a great week of vacation. By the time we were in Avon about 20 minutes up the road the rain from the outermost bands were starting to fall. I've been looking at pictures posted on Facebook by some of the business owners down there and everything is pretty much underwater now. Also saw a couple of pictures posted by one of the local news stations this morning showing pretty heavy snow falling in the mountains of West Virginia already. We are expecting some fallout from the storm here in central Ohio later today and tomorrow. You guys out there further east be safe in this mess.