Bunch of stuff...pic heavy

Jim Burr

Yes...I still turn, but pic's and posting are my nemises! :doh:
From a pen swap on another forum;
My first and still really in awe of, aluminium slim...it is crazy and writes like a gel!!!
My other partner some of you know, Mike Cruz sent me a ton (almost) of end cuts, beautiful! But in the box was a deer antler Ultra Cigar is nothing short of amazing!
Next I made a glulam beam section sent by Curtis from TurnTex.com...it's really cool looking!
A 10" curley maple platter with a bead and dye job. I only have one more piece of this stuff :eek::(
Have a buttload of this 1000 year old Redwood so while I was in a platter mood...simple so the grain would show through.
Last is a Black ash burl Ligero. Wood from Keller...it is just plain sweet...it has a semi-twin that has a new home.
Thanks for looking...C&C always used on the next ones!

Attachments

• Aluminium1.jpg
    Aluminium1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Cruz1.jpg
    Cruz1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 31
  • laminate1.jpg
    laminate1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 29
  • MapleB.jpg
    MapleB.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 40
  • MapleT.jpg
    MapleT.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 41
  • RWplatter.jpg
    RWplatter.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 37
  • BAsh.jpg
    BAsh.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Dang bud when did you start turning pens.:rofl::rofl::rofl::thumb:That Keller burl sure is sharp,and those platters are first rate. Now as far as sending that twin off to NM :huh:. Ok he'll more than likely use it more than most.:D Hey on a serious note glad to see your getting some turning time in,and that new job ain't taking up all your time.