pinewood race car...

I just wish we could have an FWW Pinewood derby. That would be cool.

All it would take is for us to have someone (beyond reproach) to have a pinewood derby track, and to send our cars to him to record the times.

That would be sweet.

...For weights i went to the fishing tackle box and got some slit "shot like" sinkers , drilled out base and banged them in. They come in a variety of sizes so you can add weight incrementally in small amounts.

On one of my Pinewood cars when I was a kid, my dad dug out his old lead melting setup from when he used to cast bullets, and poured molten lead into holes drilled into the wood. As I recall it got kind of smoky...I just know we sought a different approach the next year. :)

I just wish we could have an FWW Pinewood derby. That would be cool.

All it would take is for us to have someone (beyond reproach) to have a pinewood derby track, and to send our cars to him to record the times.

That would be sweet.

Ideally it would be someone with plenty of room. And perhaps a large hill in their back yard. With lots of dry weather. And video recording gear. And beer. :D

Sounds like a summer gathering needs to be planned. Hint, hint, hint, somebody. Maybe somebody in the Midwest. I'd make plane reservations but I don't know where to or when.