My Wife's Stroke

Garry Foster

I haven't been catching everything on here as we have been traveling and then got home and was trying to get the RV's ready for winter. Last Tuesday I thought my wife was mad or in some depression. Then on Wednesday she fell twice in the house but was still claiming to feel fine. I got her to take the smile test which she passed but called and got her an appointment for the DR. But he called back and said to get her to ER. Long story short she was having a progressive stroke. So ladies and gentlemen if you see any uncharacteristic behavior in a loved one call the infamous 911. Don't try and talk them into it as they will most likely be in denial.

She was sent home yesterday in the middle of the storm but we got to the pharmacy to get her medication with nine minutes to spare, as the hospital pharmacy closed at 3:00 even though they assured is all day they would be open till 7:00. Thank God my daughter flew up from Florida for a week maybe two now.

Maxine seems to be improving some and we hope it continues but all the good thoughts and yes prayers if so inclined would be appreciated. It has me in a spin not knowing how the future will unfold and she is only 63..

Garry

Last edited:
another one on your side garry, and i have had the stroke story hit my family as well, 35yr old son in law.. and rehab will make a big difference as hard as it is to keep doing it and sometimes its slow going but it does work.. glad you saw the signs and got her in quickly

Glad you saw the tell tale signs and brought her in Garry, time is the issue in these cases. Stroke is a scary thing. Best thoughts heading your way cause 63 is WAY too young:)

Sorry your having to go through this Garry, good thing you did recognize the signs and did what you did. My mom went through that about the same age and it hasn't repeated in the past 10 years. Dr's felt she was stressed with a combination of high blood pressure at the time. Will keep you all in our prayers and hope for a full and speedy recovery.

I've had a mild stroke, and went to the hospital last year with stroke symptoms that turned out not to be a stroke. It's a scary thing to have happen. I will pray for you and Maxine, and for the people who care for her. God willing, she will be fine.

Thanks to all of you.
She had her first PT assessment this morning and it went really well hoping for a near complete recovery with time and work and so far she is really working at it.
It has made me re-access my priorities and there will be some offerings from my shop in other threads.
Again thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers these times really make one realize what is important and what is just nice to have.
Got word my brother back in Missouri is back in the hospital as well.

So give the loved ones in your life a hug and squeeze or if distant a call or email.
Garry