Another lead on the Trivecta!

Jeff Horton

Probably read where I refer to the Trivecta of machines for my shop I want or wanted.

1. Large DeWalt RAS. - Found and restored
2. 12" jointer. - found months ago, waiting on Ruckering to my shop
3. Large C-frame bandsaw - still looking

Well I have a promising lead on #3. First Steve and I talked about his saw but it was just not what I was looking for.

Yesterday I posted the 14" BS I have for sale on Craigs list. Last second I tossed in that I would consider trading for old arn, dead of alive. This morning I have a reply from a guy that has an 30" bandsaw that he would like to trade for mine. Says it weights in at 1400 pounds or so!!

May turn out to be anything and I have been on a few wild goose chases, I must say it got my attention. And it's only a couple hours away. The chase is on again!

Jeff

Last edited:
Found an photo from the catalog. Dunno if this is the same saw but I hope it is! I like the looks of this saw.

And no, I am not overly excited. I love the hunt and the chase and the leads. But I have learned that most leads are just wild goose chases. But you never know and that's what keeps me looking.

american BS.jpg

Jeff

Good luck Jeff!

That looks an awful lot like this one.............

450_buck_bs1.jpg

450_buck_bs2.jpg

Only $450, here in Japan, trouble is, it is in Hokkaido, a L-O-N-G ways from Tokyo, they will NOT ship it, and they say that four strong men could not budge it, so you would need a Unic on your truck.........

Cheers!

Thats a steal for that saw here. I don't know the demand there. Somehow have trouble seeing that in your Dungeon though. :rofl: If that were here I would be going to take a look at it. It even looks complete.

Just guessing but based on what I read this morning thats probably 1200 to 1600 lbs of saw there. Don't know why but I love this big saws. After I buy a few blades I may change my mind. ;)

Jeff

A little update

Just talked to the owner of the saw and this is really looking promising. It is an American Wood Working saw. He believes it was made in 1918. Babbit bearings and was running when I got it. Bad news it is has been stored outside for the last couple of years. But it was covered at least. The guys knows something about old machines so that is what makes me feel good about this. He has an old DeWalt 16" 5HP Radial Arm saw and some other stuff.

Supposed to send me some photos he has just been busy. But it looks like this saw might be coming to live with me.

BTW he said it had cast iron Doors on the bottom. The doors weight about 100 lbs apiece! He said I had to come help load it. :) He said he couldn't load the doors or the table by himself!

Wow. 1400 pounds.

Sounds like an adventure.

Kinda like when I got my CH-12 Hempel semi-auto copy lathe.

Jacks, blocks, chains, pipes loaded. 16' trailer.

2500 pounds heavier, I made it home ok.