Thread: Ridgid R4030 Tile Saw

Ridgid R4030 Tile Saw

About 3 years ago I loaned a good friend my $89 tile saw to work on his daughters place. He had it setup on the tail gate of his truck to cut pieces. She hollered and said she was heading to get some lunch, he acknowledged and went about his work. A few minutes later headed down to cut another tile and found his truck missing and the extension cord that was attached to the tile saw strung out and the end laying in the street.

About the first turn she saw something tumbling behind her and realized the tailgate was down.

He did buy another cheap tile saw and I finally picked it up from him a few weeks back. I took it out and found the blade completely used up, water well cracked and leaking, and fence broken.

So, I went shopping tonight and got this...

The Ridgid R4030 Tile Saw

Assembly required

The first cut, yes it has a laser.

Has a little over spray, but not too bad compared to the old one I had.

May be a bit over-kill, but may have a patio project next year and was planning to tile the kitchen as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXf1F2KN5iQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-11-03 20.00.40.jpg   2012-11-03 20.01.40.jpg   2012-11-03 20.50.31.jpg   2012-11-03 20.50.46.jpg  
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

You will injoy the bigger saw. Makes cuts much faster and smother.

Sweet!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

It's been good to use, makes a bit of a mess on the back side. Going to have to find or make an extended tray/spray shield for it. The laser is dead on too.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

On mine I took and made a metal frame and hung a peice of mud flap on it.

I looked at the then current version of that saw a few years back...didn't have the laser at that time as I remember. I ended up with the HF 10" and I love it. I looked at the little saws, but all I had ever used were the big ones that I had rented. The HF at 200 bucks was too hard to pass on. Got a HotDawg blade from someone either here or at SMC. I've done 2 medium sized bedrooms so far, with intentions on doing most of the house eventually.
    Enjoy your new saw. One of these days I want to catch the Ridgid rolling stand on sale to mount mine on. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Good suggestion Al I did setup a piece of 4 mil plastic behind it the other night to catch the spray and direct it back into the tray, worked well.

Jim, I wouldn't have been against buying one of the HF models, but didn't have the time to get over to HF. I'd agree that the blade makes a big difference. Even the cheaply built TS style saws cut great with a good blade on them. A stand is on the wish list, may weld one up that includes a splash guard extension.
    Darren