son going to disaster Sandy

Frank Fusco

My son, the ER physician, has been dispatched from his hospital in Springfield, MO to someplace in the Sandy disaster area. He just called and is boarding a plane, with his team, to LaGuardia airport in New York. When he arrives he/they will be told what their responsibilities will be.
This is not his first disaster deployment. He was sent to Joplin, MO after the big tornado there.
I believe with so much news lately, the Sandy disaster has been underreported.
I am proud he is able to head up a team like this and is called upon to help where needed.

and we appreciate his service and all the men and women of the military who came to this area to help.

Im certain their presence lifts the spirits of the thousands who lost everything
they know people care and are here to help.

Last edited:
As much as you two disagree on some other stuff, I can say that the seed did not fall far from the tree!
Great son you raised there Frank!

Thanks all. For the record, he is not military. He was for eight years, got out as a major. But, now he works for a hospital and system that has one of the best ER and disaster programs anywhere. He has the experience and additional training that qualifies him to represent the hospital and head up a team like this. We heard from him this a.m. He is in the heart of NYC, still doesn't know his exact duties but will shortly.

Even if he's not military, he's still doing service to the American Public... we thank him for that and congratulate you for your contribution as well... you have a right to be a proud papa...