Thread: Just for fun...

Just for fun...

Download/Print and draw in the missing lines (visible and hidden) for each isometric view. Will post the answer sheet later.

http://www.cteonline.org/cognoti/co....sheet._pdf.pdf

This is just to test your own skills, not expecting anyone to post their answers. Would be interested in how long the sheet takes you though.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Any takers?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

I printed it out last night. I'll do it this morning. Reminds me of high school drafting class
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    Reminds me of high school drafting class
    Reminds me of teaching high school drafting class. Problems like these drove my students nuts.

By the way, the second problem in the first row can't be solved with the given right view.

About 2.5 minutes.

Ike

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Eikenberry View Post
    By the way, the second problem in the first row can't be solved with the given right view.
    I concur with you on that one. Looking at my notes from the machining class I took, our instructor had us re-sketch that one as an upside down "L".
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Looking at my notes from the machining class I took, our instructor had us re-sketch that one as an upside down "L".
    Yup!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FWW.jpg  

Alright, for those that played along...the answer sheet...

http://www.cteonline.org/cognoti/co....nswers.pdf.pdf
    Darren

Took me about 15 minutes. Got most of them right. Made my brain hurt though
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Sorry Bob.

When I did that sheet in class, the teacher told us about the 2nd drawing's error then was telling everyone that "This will take some of you an hour, some of you all night (5 hour class, with 4.5 to go), some will not finish". I was done in the two minutes it took him to go over all of that. He send me home as no one had ever gotten them done that fast and he didn't have anything else for me to do anyway as we couldn't work in the shop yet.
    Darren

Well that was very enjoyable. Took me 5 minutes or less i was not quiet timing but glad you posted the answer sheet i got three wrong. Made up my own story in one. added a line i should not have and then went on to make my own version of a new drawing because of it. DUH.

If you number from 1 to 15 going left to right across the rows and then down i got number 3 wrong did not take the left line to the top left corner on the front view

then got number 7 wrong same kind of error. those oblique lines. duh.

then got number 10 wrong once againg getting carried away.

Sent it to my son at Varsity for him to test his mates in his graphics class. They busy learning solid works and so many of his class never took drawing at school now they got a learning curve to being engineers. He says he is one of the few that can draw. I told him to do the excercise and send it back then we will see if he can draw....old school style.

There is something to be said for understanding the first principles of anything.

Thanks Darren i enjoyed that. Brought back a lot of memories though some of them painful as in how many times my butt was canned for getting my lines too thick or my dotted lines to short or long or incorrectly spaced. Man that Mr Gloy that taught us he was a hard guy. But i think his type are missing from schools today.
    cheers