Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is Everyone?

Where is Everyone?

What's going on? Is everyone actually occupied with other things? Is it time for a new SketchUp challenge? Would anyone play?
    Irony: The opposite of Wrinkly

Si!
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

I would play Dave, BUT I just can't get my old brain to learn it . I have tried with no success. I will watch though.

Dave, I too have noticed that there is little activilty here and a lot of the little that there is seems to be in the "Off Topic" category.

I returned to Toronto and my woodworking shed a little over a month ago and have been very busy there. I have posted one of the projects that I am currently working on here (see the thread: http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...-glass-inserts ). It brings in both woodworking and stained glass making and I thought that there would be a lot of interest in it here -but there does not seem to be.

As for SketchUp, I have dabbled in it with limited success but never given it the time that I really need to master it. And, with all the Christmas presents I am currently making, now is not the time.
    Cheers, Frank

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    What Charles said +1

Dave, I'm back and asking questions as fast as I can....
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

Frank has an excuse.

Charles and Cynthia, you could both get your brains to learn it if you're interested. You just need someone to get you off on the right foot.
    Irony: The opposite of Wrinkly

I have used Sketchup for many years now, but I am going back to old school...manual drafting. I enjoy it more plus it works better for me using the 17th & 18th century layout and design methods I have recently learned. But if I was designing a kitchen or something similar, I would use Sketchup. I have an vintage wood & cast iron drafting table that I use. I found it on Craigslist and gently refurbished it using a recipe from Dave Hawksford (thanks Dave!).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0171.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	71520
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

Nice looking table Bill.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Dave I know some are hunting as for me i am totally tied up right now with all sorts of work/business things and my shop is well non existent until i insulate the back end of the new garage (which needs to get done pronto as i am suffering withdrawals.)
    cheers

Nice table, Bill and I'm with you, I enjoy the T-square an triangles. Drafting was one of my favorite classes way back in high school and I still enjoy it.
    "We the People ......"