Where is Everyone?

Dave, I too have noticed that there is little activilty here and a lot of the little that there is seems to be in the "Off Topic" category.

I returned to Toronto and my woodworking shed a little over a month ago and have been very busy there. I have posted one of the projects that I am currently working on here (see the thread: http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?28729-Walnut-doors-with-stained-glass-inserts ). It brings in both woodworking and stained glass making and I thought that there would be a lot of interest in it here -but there does not seem to be.

As for SketchUp, I have dabbled in it with limited success but never given it the time that I really need to master it. And, with all the Christmas presents I am currently making, now is not the time.

Frank has an excuse. ;)

Charles and Cynthia, you could both get your brains to learn it if you're interested. You just need someone to get you off on the right foot. :)

I have used Sketchup for many years now, but I am going back to old school...manual drafting. I enjoy it more plus it works better for me using the 17th & 18th century layout and design methods I have recently learned. But if I was designing a kitchen or something similar, I would use Sketchup. I have an vintage wood & cast iron drafting table that I use. I found it on Craigslist and gently refurbished it using a recipe from Dave Hawksford (thanks Dave!).

DSCN0171.jpg

Dave I know some are hunting as for me i am totally tied up right now with all sorts of work/business things and my shop is well non existent until i insulate the back end of the new garage (which needs to get done pronto as i am suffering withdrawals.)

Bill, that is a nice looking table. Good work. I wish I had something like that to use as my computer desk. :D

So it looks like the interest in the SketchUp challenges is basically nonexistent (except for Darren) which is alright. Darren, if you want something to test your skills let me know via PM and I'll come up with something for you.

Dave I'd like to but don't know how much time i will have to dedicate to it with the Wife's stroke. She is doing great but my daughter and I still take her everywhere and the daughter leaves Sat. But I would should be able to work on lessons some as I can't leave to the shop for a while longer.
Garry

Thanks Dave. I'll have to let you know. I've over committed myself with multiple PB contracts on the same date, so I've got to get a new photo booth designed around the equipment I've purchased and get it built by the end of the month. I've had the hardware sitting around for a few months now, just haven't hunkered down and gotten anything done with it. Guess nothing like a deadline to get things done. At least it all will all pay for the holidays. ;)

Hi, Dave!

Lately, I haven't had much time to devote to the Forum or SketchUp. Since the weather cooled down around here, I've been busy with a lot of work in the yard. I added to our sprinkler system, moved plants, rearranged some existing watering lines, swept pine straw for mulch, etc., etc. The only reason I've even been in my shop lately is because that's where I keep some of the tools I needed for the tasks I've been doing!