Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday! 11/9 Edition

It's Friday! 11/9 Edition

Hoping to get the rest of the tile set in the shower this weekend. Will be also trying to get some drawers made for the linen closet. My wife has been getting the halloween stuff packed up, so will have to start packing it way in the attic again. Sunday I have a beer brewing class in the evening.

What's everyone else got going?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Working this weekend, as usual On the bright side Lowes offered me a week day full time position in Tools and hardware. I don't really want full time but they may adjust the hours for me.

Way too many family obligations to work every weekend.

I do need to find a few minutes to take and post a few pictures of several of my new "gloats"
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Finishing up my standing desk project this weekend. Can't wait to get it in place and start using it. Pics to come when it's in place. Let the wisecracks begin...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Finishing up putting up a steel shed in the back yard, with my son. As I've just taken on the position of Treasurer at my church, I'll be making a flameproof suit of armour to go to church on Sunday.
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

Hunting this evening in Md and heading down to Va early morning. I hope to get some painting done Sunday.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Finishing up my standing desk project this weekend. Can't wait to get it in place and start using it. Pics to come when it's in place. Let the wisecracks begin...
    Have there been no in progress pics Brent? There's one of these on my list, so I'm anxious to see the finished product.
    I'll leave the wisecracks to the usual suspects, since I live in a glass house in the getting-stuff-done department lately.
    Enjoy your weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Rideout View Post
    Have there been no in progress pics Brent? There's one of these on my list, so I'm anxious to see the finished product.
    I'll leave the wisecracks to the usual suspects, since I live in a glass house in the getting-stuff-done department lately.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    I've learned with my track record not to do 'in progress' projects anymore. But the desk is done, and I just moved it into the house. I have a lot of computer 'stuff' to move and organize but should have it done a little later today.

With this project, there's been very little actual woodworking involved, but it is made primarily of wood. I'll get some pics posted either late tonight or tomorrow, if all goes well...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

We have another Farmer's Market downtown again tomorrow... hopefully Sunday I'll be counting my money... otherwise I'll be in the shop cutting bowl blanks from the new wood.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

My weekend to do list is way too long but i hope to get through it. We got a dinner dance tonight that friends of ours organize every year at a banquet hall. Kinda like going to the disco in the old days. We got a taxi taking us to and fro since its all inclusive event.

Tomorrow if i survive tonight hope to get started on moving stuff out the garage and getting the small place i have at the back of the garage converted to a winterized workshop. Better something than nothing otherwise i will go crazy this winter. Just hope our weather turns out the way the weatherman predicated.

Between Satand sun we hope to clear out to a point our storage unit that has acted as a buffer for the past few months. Finally convince Linda its more cost effective to get rid of stuff than to hold onto it and pay more in storage than its worth. Its turned out to be a good process for us this moving. We needed to shed stuff we have had that came across with us and yet has not been used in 10 years.

BTW for those that remember my old shop at my previous house .....well its down. The new owners demolished it. Glad i got my heater out before they took ownership. Wish they had told me they were gonna do that i could have had it moved or salvaged some of it. Oh well they paid for it. Only thing Linda said was now the NN finally got their way. Sad really. But we much happier and have great neighbors now and they aint on our doorstep.

Enjoy the weekend guys and gals.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    BTW for those that remember my old shop at my previous house .....well its down. The new owners demolished it. Glad i got my heater out before they took ownership. Wish they had told me they were gonna do that i could have had it moved or salvaged some of it. Oh well they paid for it. Only thing Linda said was now the NN finally got their way. Sad really. But we much happier and have great neighbors now and they aint on our doorstep.
    What! Seems a shame with the really good job you did in having it built. And yes, it does not seem right that your NN is probably feeling great about it.
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde