Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Not good PR for Crapsman tools

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Posts
    11,833

    Not good PR for Crapsman tools

    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/popula...004542621.html

    To stay on the right side of FW rules, no comment. Except
    "Folks is funny critters."

    Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Gorge Area, Oregon
    Posts
    4,699
    Happens elsewhere to.

    http://www.girlfromauntie.com/journal/not-in-harmony

    http://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?p...&pty=OPP&eno=1

    http://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?p...&pty=CAN&eno=1

    Worse in this case is they filed for a copyright against the original manufacturer and a trademark on the original name.. Loml doesn't buy much from knitpicks after this little kerfluffle.

    The dyacraft needles are much nicer anyway, still hand made .. actually by hand..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Monroe, MI
    Posts
    470
    Doesn't surprise me at all the Sears would stoop to this level.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tellico Plains, Tennessee
    Posts
    4,352
    I just saw that same story on Yahoo news.... it's too bad.

    I remember when the spec and requirements to carry the Sears name on products was higher than the specs on the manufacturer's own products....
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Amherst, New Hampshire
    Posts
    10,604
    I know it's nothing new but it really kills me when corporations as well as people put making a few bucks above character and values.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Independence, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,355
    I think it is wrong for them to do that, However, if we the customers refused to buy the Chinese knock offs there would not be a market for them and therefore no reason for them to send them off shore to make a big profit. Just saying, we as consumers have to take the lead and refuse to buy their cheaper knock off products. Until we do that there will be no changes in the way that these big corporations do business. It's in our hands people!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bellingham
    Posts
    2,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hans View Post
    I think it is wrong for them to do that, However, if we the customers refused to buy the Chinese knock offs there would not be a market for them and therefore no reason for them to send them off shore to make a big profit. Just saying, we as consumers have to take the lead and refuse to buy their cheaper knock off products. Until we do that there will be no changes in the way that these big corporations do business. It's in our hands people!
    I think you explained it very well, Charles...we are the problem.
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    I know it's nothing new but it really kills me when corporations as well as people put making a few bucks above character and values.
    I agree with you....and Sears isn't alone. Not only isn't it new, but it's rampant at many corporate and even government levels. Greedy people suck, and they're becoming far too common for my tastes. If we all acted like our grandmothers were watching, all would be well....if we aren't able to let our own conscience be our guide, just let Grandma's conscience guide you!
    Last edited by scott spencer; 11-10-2012 at 06:14 PM.
    Got Wood?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    RETIRED(!) in Austintown, Ohio
    Posts
    5,321
    Quote Originally Posted by scott spencer View Post
    ...If we all acted like our grandmothers were watching, all would be well....if we aren't able to let our own conscience be our guide, just let Grandma's conscience guide you!
    Wouldn't work in my family, Scott. Ole Grammaw was real tyrant!
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    Wouldn't work in my family, Scott. Ole Grammaw was real tyrant!
    Got Wood?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2015, 02:38 AM
  2. Tools for sale I have more tools than room
    By Jack Holt in forum Classified Ads
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-14-2012, 08:44 PM
  3. They're selling perfectly good tools in antique shops!
    By Roger Tulk in forum Neander Tool Questions and Show & Tell
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-28-2012, 05:12 AM
  4. Tools, how good do they need to be?
    By Bill Satko in forum General Woodworking Q&A
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 02:34 AM
  5. Old Tools and some unknown tools
    By Dan Mosley in forum New Tools
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-08-2008, 03:05 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •