Hey Joan!!!!! I found you a Lathe

I'm not a turney kinda guy, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.....but isn't 600 RPM just a little too fast for something with a 30" swing? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
You're right, 600 RPM would be a bit fast. Let's see...30 inch diameter, so about 94 inch circumference, at 600 RPM...that's about 53 MPH. Yeppers, that'd be a bit quick, especially for roughing out a blank. :eek:

If I'm reading the specs correctly though, it does looks like it's got a variable speed that takes it down to zero RPM.

If it didn't work out as a lathe, it'd make a dandy salad bar. Even has the sneeze guards already built in. :D

O.K. Don, you're very funny :rofl: :rofl: Gee let's see......do you think you could help me move it into my space bedroom..(only workspace I have right now)...you can also help me pick it up with your truck :rofl: I think maybe as a novice like me it just might be a bit to little....LOL....but thanks for keeping an eye out for me...;)

O.K. Don, you're very funny :rofl: :rofl: Gee let's see......do you think you could help me move it into my space bedroom..(only workspace I have right now)...you can also help me pick it up with your truck :rofl: I think maybe as a novice like me it just might be a bit to little....LOL....but thanks for keeping an eye out for me...;)

Couldn't you put the bed on top of it? :huh:
I don't think the tires would roll if we used my truck. :rofl:

We take care of our own. :thumb:

DT