Michigan made some points today:)

larry merlau

had a guy stop in to a sport shop, and asked for a hunting license. the clerk said sure and started the process. come to find out this guy was in the military and had his id with him as well as a AZ drivers license.. well when asked what he was looking to purchase he asked how much they were. well thats where he and i both was proud to be from michigan as he told the clerk that AZ charges a non resident fee for there licences and it was quite high and michigan sold him one for one dollar, he walked out of the store with a buck tag and a doe tag for 2 dollars.. now if more states would do this, it would be a good thing.. and yup i got to thank him for his service. he was going on his 5th year in the marines..

That's great Larry. Here's the law for Tennessee

If you hunt game or attempt to hunt game by any method or if you assist someone else to do so, you must have a valid hunting license. There are some exceptions:

Military personnel on leave carrying leave papers.

Military personnel on active duty in this state and their immediate families, who reside with them, regardless of resident status.

Also permanently disabled veterans don't need a license.

That's great Larry. Here's the law for Tennessee

If you hunt game or attempt to hunt game by any method or if you assist someone else to do so, you must have a valid hunting license. There are some exceptions:

Military personnel on leave carrying leave papers.

Military personnel on active duty in this state and their immediate families, who reside with them, regardless of resident status.

Also permanently disabled veterans don't need a license.

I don't hunt, but for my 65th birthday, my daughter bought me a "lifetime" fishing license for $11... think I still need a trout tag for certain areas around my area...

Wow in Ontario for a resident or non resident to hunt a single deer is $45.04 dont forget the .04c :huh:. Now the second one will cost you $45.04 as a resident and wait for it $224.66 as a non resident. So Larry i dont think you and i can ever go hunting in Ontario unless i get the tags and you do the getting. :D first i got to get a hunters licence. :eek:

Moose is $52.31 for resident and $449.58 as non resident. Interesting Black Bear is cheaper than moose $224.66 but its got a more complicated procedure to follow and another small licence too. BTW Moose aint that much cheaper to hunt in Newfoundland Labrador where they allow around 20k to be harvested each year.
Non resident moose in NewFoundland is $335.00 but then you still got to get there. :D

well rob,, if i could pull it off somehow, i would go for a newfoundland moose with a bow.. always wanted to go for them but never got there... and newfoundland is the best part to take a moose

.. always wanted to go for them but never got there...

Those are the exact same words I uttered to the Mrs. a few weeks back about my desire to go out west for Mule

deer and Elk. It's been on my "to do" list since I as in my eary 20's......sadly 30 years later I haven't made it.