Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planer Gloat plus a few new things

Planer Gloat plus a few new things

Finally found my camera. Only took me 2 weeks

Got what I think is a pretty good deal on the DW735. It came with extra blades, the extension tables, plus a free DeWalt DW611 router. Sale price $579 at Rockler. I'll put my old DW733 on Craigs list.

Finally bit the bullet on the Wynn filter for my HF dust collector. First thing I noticed when I turned it on was the noticeable increase in suction and the lack of dust particles in the air.
    The Wynn customer service was very top notch. Knowledgeable and very friendly. When I get excellent customer service from a company I make sure that they are the first ones I call when I need something.

I got tired of my measurements being off up to a 1/16". Between my poor eyes, dirty glasses and fat pencils I could never remember or see which side of the line to cut So far these Incra rulers have been a real help. I would be interested in knowing if anyone else has tried these.

Finally a few pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_4339.jpg   100_4340.jpg   100_4343.jpg   100_4344.jpg  
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Wow! Early Christmas? Won the lottery? Wife needs forgiveness? Rich uncle?

Also, curious. Why change from the 733 to the 735? I have the 733. Happy with it. Thinking about the 735 because the handle is on the side and this would support stacking (in my future shop trailer).
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

What a great haul! Congrats!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    So far these Incra rulers have been a real help. I would be interested in knowing if anyone else has tried these.
    I have the 6" Incra rule and find it handy time and again. I did have to pickup some .5mm automatic pencils at the store. Congrats on the goodies.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Congrats Bob! I bought an Incra 6" rule awhile back... but Lori has it in her hobby area, I've never used mine... though I suppose I should. Sweet little bonus router there, too!
    -Ned

Nice bonus on the router. Need to order the Wynn filter for mine. Just got some quick connectors for mine so I can actually use it on other machines other than the TS.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Well, certainly nothing there that I think you will be the least bit sorry for. I have that dust collector setup, have had for several year and I am very happy with it. The filter is a BIG improve over the bags it comes with. And, I have an Incra metric ruler that I use constantly and love it. I keep looking at their other rulers and if I ever get some made money again, I will have more of them.
    "We the People ......"

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Reed View Post
    Wow! Early Christmas? Won the lottery? Wife needs forgiveness? Rich uncle?

Also, curious. Why change from the 733 to the 735? I have the 733. Happy with it. Thinking about the 735 because the handle is on the side and this would support stacking (in my future shop trailer).

I really liked the 733 but it was getting a little tired. I don't know if it was because I've sharpened (done professionally) the 2 sets of blades several times each or just needs new rollers but it developed unacceptable snipe along with some other minor issues. I treat my tools very well and clean and adjust them almost after every use. I just couldn't figure this problem out. Besides, I've wanted the 735 for quite awhile and my secret tool stash was burning a hole in my pocket

What also helped make the decision to buy it was my wife wants a 8 foot cherry trestle table for the dining room. After expressing a little doubt about my old planer being able to plane 100 bf to her standards she said " just get a new planer"
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Bob, running the same planer and dust collection set up as you. Take the fan of of the 735. Much more quite and works just as well. The HF will pull the chips out without it.

Congrats on the haul
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    .....my wife wants a 8 foot cherry trestle table for the dining room. After expressing a little doubt about my old planer being able to plane 100 bf to her standards she said " just get a new planer"
    Well played sir, well played! A planer is high on my list, just after a better bandsaw!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website