Hello from California

Aaron Sikes

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to woodworking in the sense that I'm getting serious about learning the craft and (fingers crossed) living up to my grandfather's legacy. He was a master cabinetmaker, trained in Hungary, and became the lead woodworker for National Cash Register Co, in Dayton, OH.

At the moment, I've got a handful of small projects going in my home shop. I'm learning as I go, the only way I've ever done things :rolleyes: And when those inevitable mistakes happen, I do my best to grin and bear it :doh:

Been reading RJ DeCristoforo's book on joinery (Joints and their applications), and what a resource of information and how-to!

Looking forward to meeting you and learning more about the art and craft of woodwork. Hope I can share something useful for you, too.

Cheers,
Aaron

Welcome to the clubhouse, Aaron. :wave: Glad to have you here.

BTW, I never did trust anyone from California. (Especially long haired blond guys.) :D

Aw! C'mon Vaughn. I know a blond haired guy from SoCal who has been very helpful to me. Now dark-haired tan guys with moustaches.........well that is another story.

All I know is the dark-haired mustachioed guy's wife can sure cook better than mine. :D I can't always correctly pronounce the dishes she cooks, but they sure are good. :thumb: