Home Depot Canada finally got the message so i obliged :)

Rob Keeble

Been wanting one of those rigid belt edge osc sanders for the longest time.
But the frugal stubborn half of me just would not pay $250 for something i can get in the USA for $199.00 and dont forget we pay 13% add on hst tax so when they finally came to the party which i happened to spot yesterday while picking up some ply to insulate my temp shop, i popped and got this puppy. Here is the proof :)
Even got missus blessings she is just happy to have me not complaining about HD to her :).
uploadfromtaptalk1353514290629.jpg

Onto the next item on the shopping list.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

ryan, stationary belt sanders are very popular in poland. all you need worry about is keeping your fingers out of the way when pushing the wood against the stationary belt.

So what did you pay for it?

I paid $250 (plus tax, of course) for mine a few years ago and consider it to be well worth the price.

If I waited for US prices before I bought an item, I would hardly ever buy anything. Get used to it. :)

Since having a stationary belt sander my portable belt sanders have become dust collectors (But not good enough Dust Collectors to run ducting to.). I considered myself good with portable belt sanders. I had enough control that I never hesitated to bring a portable down on to finished piece of wood. That said, I will say I prefer the stationary sander many times over above the portable.

Bye, Bye, Glenn just arrived.

Enjoy,

JimB

I'm waiting for a tablesaw, and the Ridgid that is usually $499 has been $349 for a while, now, but I still can't afford it, and when I can, the price will be up again. I've been looking at the Ryobi bench sander for a while, and can't really afford that except if they put it on sale. I can sell my old tablesaw to defray the cost of a new one, but I have nothing to sell to replace with a bench sander. I often put my belt sander into a vise to hold it and use it as a bench sander so I'm sure I'd get a lot of use out of one.

So what did you pay for it?

I paid $250 (plus tax, of course) for mine a few years ago and consider it to be well worth the price.

If I waited for US prices before I bought an item, I would hardly ever buy anything. Get used to it. :)

Frank i aint ever gonna get used to it. I paid $199. Happy to have bought it in Canada and paid my HST happily to contribute to the gov coffers.

But lets get things clear. These units are made elsewhere in volume. I will not accept or put up with retailers gouging us just because we got a border. They give us the spin about regulations and its nonsense, just about anything made by a decent brand today has a multilingual manual and approval in terms of safety and rf emmission standards that cross numerous countries around the world.

Now we have our increased border allowance which btw means you dont pay the hst, if they aint gonna come to the party and match the US price for something at least while the two dollars are on par, they aint getting my dollar.

For the record i paid $199. plus our Hst. Note thats 20% difference to what it was and they still making money.