Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving

Amherst, New Hampshire

Happy Thanksgiving

What's everyone up to??? Any special traditional food being served at your house ??

We usually have tons of kids and grandkids over but this year about half the kids are celebrating with in-laws. It's to be expected I guess.

Having the usual. Turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, roasted brussel sprouts with pancetta, butternut squash, potatoes, stuffed mushrooms, creamed onions, sliced fennel, local cider, and a bunch of pies. Yum

Supposed to work a 14 hour day on Friday at Lowes for black Friday but that ain't going to happen Probably go in around 2:00 and stay until 9:00
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Plainwell, Michigan
    No kids for the first time since we had kids (33 years) so the loml, brother inlaw and his wife and me are going to a restaurant (Schuler's Larry) for an all you can eat smorgasbord NO cookin, just eatin'

SW Minnesota
    We're roasting hot dogs over a bonfire. I assure you that this is not traditional for Thanksgiving here in Minnesota! But we are thankful for a warm November day.

Independence, Kentucky
    Will go on the road to have a family get together, with plenty of eats and beverages. Hope that everyone here has a great day,whatever you are doing.

Escondido, CA
    Invited out to dinner late in the day.

Working on the move this weekend. Got the computer moved to the MH. Working off wireless router from the house. MH is cosy and I am warm, which is a good thing. I am blessed with so many friends, including all of you. I could not be more thankful. I am sure my tummy will be filled tomorrow, but every day my heart is full. Thank you, friends. What a great family this is!

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

My son and his wife have not been to our home (the farm) in over 5 years but they are coming this year. We did get to see them last year (T-day) in Florida because of a wedding we attended.
    They will arrive late Thursday and leave Saturday afternoon . They live near DC -- son works for DOD and his wife has a dental practice in Fairfax. So it is Turkey with all of the trimmings. Being retired from the Church I do not have to celebrate Thanksgiving mass and now I can spend time with Family and Food. A good reason to get out of bed. Hoping I feel well enough to have some fun. Being careful of the COC I will wish all of you a healthy and blessed Thanksgiving.
    Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it
    still sings!

Between Aledo and Fort Worth, TX
    Having traditional food, but at a non-traditional location. Going to friends house in Dallas. Their kids are both gone, working in AZ, we are doing Thanksgiving with my parents on Saturday, so it was just a great match. Will eat, watch the Cowboy game, then come home. Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow. Remember what you are thankful for!!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Kansas City, Missouri
    My sister has hosted our family Thanksgiving along with my BIL's family since I was 10. Will be going over there tomorrow and heading to my wife's family on Saturday. My son made it back on to land a few days back, but won't be able to come home as planned. I may have some training up in Seattle the first week of December so may hopefully see him then.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    Well Happy Thankssgiving to all you who celebrate Thanksgiving six weeks later than we do in Canada. Hope everyone gets a good tryptophan high and feels very comfortable with your families after dinner. For me, that's the best part.

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

Southeast Pa
    Well our Son his Wife and 4 Grandchildren will be here. Thankful for the recovery my wife is making and the chance to see and love on family!. I hope all of yo have a great day and much to be thankful for.