Happy Thanksgiving

Bob Gibson

What's everyone up to??? Any special traditional food being served at your house ??

We usually have tons of kids and grandkids over but this year about half the kids are celebrating with in-laws.:( It's to be expected I guess.

Having the usual. Turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, roasted brussel sprouts with pancetta, butternut squash, potatoes, stuffed mushrooms, creamed onions, sliced fennel, local cider, and a bunch of pies. Yum :thumb:

Supposed to work a 14 hour day on Friday at Lowes for black Friday but that ain't going to happen:whistling: Probably go in around 2:00 and stay until 9:00

No kids for the first time since we had kids (33 years:p) so the loml, brother inlaw and his wife and me are going to a restaurant (Schuler's Larry:D) for an all you can eat smorgasbord:D NO cookin, just eatin' :thumb:

We're roasting hot dogs over a bonfire. I assure you that this is not traditional for Thanksgiving here in Minnesota! But we are thankful for a warm November day.

Invited out to dinner late in the day.

Working on the move this weekend. Got the computer moved to the MH. Working off wireless router from the house. MH is cosy and I am warm, which is a good thing. I am blessed with so many friends, including all of you. I could not be more thankful. I am sure my tummy will be filled tomorrow, but every day my heart is full. Thank you, friends. What a great family this is!

My son and his wife have not been to our home (the farm) in over 5 years but they are coming this year. We did get to see them last year (T-day) in Florida because of a wedding we attended.
They will arrive late Thursday and leave Saturday afternoon . They live near DC -- son works for DOD and his wife has a dental practice in Fairfax. So it is Turkey with all of the trimmings. Being retired from the Church I do not have to celebrate Thanksgiving mass and now I can spend time with Family and Food. A good reason to get out of bed. Hoping I feel well enough to have some fun. Being careful of the COC I will wish all of you a healthy and blessed Thanksgiving.

Having traditional food, but at a non-traditional location. Going to friends house in Dallas. Their kids are both gone, working in AZ, we are doing Thanksgiving with my parents on Saturday, so it was just a great match. Will eat, watch the Cowboy game, then come home. Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow. Remember what you are thankful for!!! Jim.

My sister has hosted our family Thanksgiving along with my BIL's family since I was 10. Will be going over there tomorrow and heading to my wife's family on Saturday. My son made it back on to land a few days back, but won't be able to come home as planned. I may have some training up in Seattle the first week of December so may hopefully see him then.

Well Happy Thankssgiving to all you who celebrate Thanksgiving six weeks later than we do in Canada. Hope everyone gets a good tryptophan high and feels very comfortable with your families after dinner. For me, that's the best part.

Well our Son his Wife and 4 Grandchildren will be here. Thankful for the recovery my wife is making and the chance to see and love on family!. I hope all of yo have a great day and much to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to all in the USA today. Hope ya all have a great day and lots of turkey. Keep in mind those that are serving elsewhere and keeping the peace on this day. I hope the folks on Long Island that got battered get taken care of today and get a decent Thanksgiving meal pretty sure they will be.

Most of all keep safe. Have a good one. :wave:

Oh and just to keep things alive .........GO PATS GO.......Dont eat too much turkey Tom Brady we dont want you asleep tonight. Jets fans you can get the tissues ready.:)

Oh mods or whoever is in charge of the smileys how about adding us a turkey for these occassions. :D

Happy Thanksgiving to all you too. This year's T-day is even more special than usual. After surviving 25 downsizings at Kodak, I was finally layed off on October 2nd, but will start a new job with Johnson & Johnson on Monday. It's been a while since I've been so happy to go to work!

All the kids are home, and we all headed to early mass together this morning. This afternoon most of us will be heading to my Mom's house for dinner, and will catch up with my brother later for dessert. Food, family, fun, and football await. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Really low key for us...turkey thighs instead of a whole turkey. It's just too much work to do the whole spread for just two of us. Next year we'll have a big family get together.