Thread: Monster Laser Light issues - and some projects

Monster Laser Light issues - and some projects

Thanksgiving day and everyone in family working or out of town - So I had alot of free time and decided to work some projects I had pending.

First - My Monster hollowing rig laser has been acting up - I took the light out of the holder because it was becomming very dim and I thought it was just time to replace it - I do not use the battery box and haven't for along time now - however, hooking up the new light (I have 2 spares) it did not come on at all - tried another laser and still nothing - checked and everything plugged in - still no light but the old one would still show dim - hooked up a multi meter to see if the transformer was working ok (not sure it is hooked correctly) and it appears it is - thinking maybe its just a bad laser but the 2 I have are brand new so it seems unlikely but then again maybe -
    The laser's are not cheap and the last few I bought were from laser world which has been a good source - Any thoughts on this from you Monster owners ??

Second - cut up and sealed some Mesquite somebody gave me and made some cut ups for the grill - this is some very very dark colored Mesquite and should be some interesting vessels.

Third - put some finish on a large Euc turning that i have - been letting it sit 24hrs and rubbing down with Mirka fine pad then another coat - so far 3 coats but it does have open grain so hopefully it will fill in nice - after enough coats its on to Menzerna medium and fine - I have been using these compounds and have gotten to really like them over the Trip/WD etc- but each there own....

Fourth - found a round fat contiainer that i am thinking of making a solution of MS/Varnish/BLO for soaking - still in the thought phase

Fifth - using some dowel i had laying around and some cut offs I made some vessel finish holders

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0251.jpg   DSCN0255.jpg   DSCN0258.jpg   DSCN0259.jpg   DSCN0260.jpg  

DSCN0264.jpg   DSCN0267.jpg   DSCN0268.jpg   DSCN0271.jpg   DSCN0273.jpg  

Last edited by Dan Mosley; 11-23-2012 at 02:17 AM.
    First you have to learn the rules - Beginner
    Then you have to learn advanced rules - Professional
    Then you disregard the rules - This takes you to the master level................

No advice on the laser other than get in touch with the folks you bought them from. Maybe they had a bad batch?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

And Happy Thanksgiving to you Dan!!
    I've heard rumblings about the laser, a solution was to epoxy the lens in to the hole in the arm. Nice Mesquite haul and good luck with the glass...scary!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

oh the container is plastic............LOL yeah or otherwsie i probably would not think about it
    First you have to learn the rules - Beginner
    Then you have to learn advanced rules - Professional
    Then you disregard the rules - This takes you to the master level................