Monster Laser Light issues - and some projects

Dan Mosley

Thanksgiving day and everyone in family working or out of town - So I had alot of free time and decided to work some projects I had pending.

First - My Monster hollowing rig laser has been acting up - I took the light out of the holder because it was becomming very dim and I thought it was just time to replace it - I do not use the battery box and haven't for along time now - however, hooking up the new light (I have 2 spares) it did not come on at all - tried another laser and still nothing - checked and everything plugged in - still no light but the old one would still show dim - hooked up a multi meter to see if the transformer was working ok (not sure it is hooked correctly) and it appears it is - thinking maybe its just a bad laser but the 2 I have are brand new so it seems unlikely but then again maybe -
The laser's are not cheap and the last few I bought were from laser world which has been a good source - Any thoughts on this from you Monster owners ??

Second - cut up and sealed some Mesquite somebody gave me and made some cut ups for the grill - this is some very very dark colored Mesquite and should be some interesting vessels.

Third - put some finish on a large Euc turning that i have - been letting it sit 24hrs and rubbing down with Mirka fine pad then another coat - so far 3 coats but it does have open grain so hopefully it will fill in nice - after enough coats its on to Menzerna medium and fine - I have been using these compounds and have gotten to really like them over the Trip/WD etc- but each there own....

Fourth - found a round fat contiainer that i am thinking of making a solution of MS/Varnish/BLO for soaking - still in the thought phase

Fifth - using some dowel i had laying around and some cut offs I made some vessel finish holders

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you

Attachments

• DSCN0251.jpg
    DSCN0251.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN0255.jpg
    DSCN0255.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN0258.jpg
    DSCN0258.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN0259.jpg
    DSCN0259.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN0260.jpg
    DSCN0260.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN0264.jpg
    DSCN0264.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN0267.jpg
    DSCN0267.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN0268.jpg
    DSCN0268.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN0271.jpg
    DSCN0271.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCN0273.jpg
    DSCN0273.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
No advice on the laser other than get in touch with the folks you bought them from. Maybe they had a bad batch?

And Happy Thanksgiving to you Dan!!
I've heard rumblings about the laser, a solution was to epoxy the lens in to the hole in the arm. Nice Mesquite haul and good luck with the glass...scary!!