recent trip to DC

Julio Navarro

I took my son and daughter to DC so they could see the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (I think every American should make that pilgrimage at least once in their life).

Here are some pictures you guys might enjoy on this Thanksgiving day.

A forever vigil.
2012-08-28 15.13.28.jpg
2012-08-28 15.34.00.jpg
My daughter at the Capitol
2012-08-27 12.02.29.jpg
My son and daughter at Union Station
2012-08-27 11.50.45.jpg

Julio, it is a all inspiring place. I've been several times starting when I was young. Recently I've been there with the Patriot Guard to intern a fallen Hero.

Glad you are instilling Patriotism in the youth !

Thanks Dave.

I recently made new drawers for a friend who paid me with 3 free tickets to anywhere (his frequent flier miles) and my son who is in JROTC said he wanted see it. We did the usual museums then we ended a beautiful day at Arlington.

I lived in the DC area for many years and never got tired of going to Arlington.

Every business trip I made to DC I would make sure I paid my respects at Arlington cemetery, the VietNam wall, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the Iwo Jima memorial.

I find it inspiring that your kids showed interest in seeing them.
Good job Dad :thumb:

I've done the same thing in both Washington and Ottawa. It doesn't hurt to remind the kids how many people died to get us the freedoms we enjoy today.

In Washington we also saw the Wright Brothers plane, The Lincoln , Jefferson and Washington memorials, the Capitol and Mr. Rogers' indoor sweater.

That's great Julio.

I went last summer. Say what you will about Washington, but seeing Arlington and the various memorials really is powerful emotionally and I will never forget it.

Look guys when you come to DC let me know in advance and I will try to get away and join you on your adventure of the sites if you would like. Another great place to visit is Great Falls, DAR, Hershorn, The National and the East Wing Gallery and a lot of other places. Last summer I walked around with a friend and we hit 7 museums and a little known Old Canal Lock house right on the mall when the canal pasted right down Constitution Ave. .