Does any one here use them fancy cell phone thingy's?

I think I have this stuff all sorted out now and am ready to purchase. Tomorrow I plan on getting (2) iphone 4S 16 GB phones for my wife and myself. Ive been told by AT&T that I can upgrade or downgrade voice and data plans after the fact without charge if I feel that the plans we choose need to be adjusted. I was also told that they will charge me a $36.00 per phone "service" fee....just because they can. :eek: I am convinced that this is probably one of the most overpriced services, we as consumers are paying. Nothing cheap about it. Although I feel that way....I'm still excited about getting my new phone tomorrow. I hope this will all work out as planned. Thank you all for your comments.

Congrats, Tom. I think you and your wife will be real happy having smart phones.

20 comments and not a single Blackberry recommendation. I weep for RIM. :deadhorse:

Dead horse indeed. They shouldn't have zigged when everyone else zagged, or something like that. My BIL was the biggest Crackberry addict I've ever met, using it all day every day as an airport executive. He resisted when the airport IT department set him up with an iPhone, but within about a day of using it he was sold on it.

Tom, how old are you? Reason I ask is there is a phone service my mother in law is on that is free. Free minutes and phone. If you qualify you could let my uncle sam pay for it. Also for those disabled as well. If you pm me I can get that info for you. I think the age is 65 but I would have to check for sure. Gotta say the wife knows more about this that I do.

Tom I think you made a good choice. Please keep in mind that there is a newer model that apple is selling but cost MORE $$$$$$$$. YOU and your wife will like the phones.

Many, Many, Many FREE apps for it via iTunes......

Have fun and give me a call the next time you visit Jay in MO.. or not like you did for you last visit.:eek:..

Tom, I have an iPhone 4Gs that I love. I used to have a Motorola smart phone for work and then some dumb phones. I didn't think I'd use the iPhone much, but I honestly do. I play a scrabble game (wordswithfriends) on it lots, talk on it a little, text on it daily, I use a dictionary app, a flashlight app, and weather apps a lot. I really love it, and I pay less than $75 a month.