My lack of a truck is confusing my 4 year old grandson

Frank Pellow

For the last three days I have been painting the master bedroom at my daughter’s house. I finished the job today and, for most of the morning, I was babysitting Ethan as well. He paid very careful attention to what I was doing , asked lots of questions, and even helped a bit.

After lunch, as I was packing up to leave, Ethan asked me “Granddad, are you a workman?”. I replied with “What do you think?”. Ethan reflected a moment then said “You do a good job like a workman, but you don’t have a truck like a workman”.

I guess that I am confusing the little fellow (but, I don’t want a truck).

I would get a truck older than me but I can't turn the hand crank these days.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DT

I agree with Jesse...sounds like Ethan is a bright little guy. No sense in having a truck if you don't need it, though.
a 'Frank' workman doesn't have a truck? :eek: Moderators expell him a traitor is amongst us. :rofl:
I guess he'd have to expell himself, seeing as how he's a moderator and all. :D

yeah but my wife has a p/u here`sa pic...;)
View attachment 6289

My Dad had a 1941 Chevy with a green body & black fenders.

We claimed it was the friendliest truck in town the fenders waved at everyone. Nick named the Junk-pot.:wave:

What year is that P/U Tod?

Oh Frank I'm truck poor & I also have a P/U bed trailer with a 3/4 ton chassis & an aluminum canopy shell on top. I have been the car & trailer route & if that all you have room for or it just works for you thats great. I kinda like having a truck at least I can choose one that will fit the needs of the moment.

Attachments

• A1 myTruck.jpg
    A1 myTruck.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 14
  • A1 mytruck S10.jpg
    A1 mytruck S10.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I have plenty of woodhaulers, but no pick-ups.

If I could have one vehicle to sort of haul wood it would be a 1969 Dodge A100 van with a three speed on the column.

Joe

A trailer is all you need Frank. I think the rules state "Must have something to haul neat junk to the house." :thumb:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DT

We'll give a Canuk a break. In Arkansas, ye would be in trouble. We do make an exception for Tod and his anteek van. :rofl:

Hey Frank, it's "Canuck" get it right :D

Nice little trailer there Frank (the Canuck) they sure are handy. I have a motorcycle trailer, and I've not used it in over a year, so a buddy is going to be buying it, trailers are NOT popular here.

I have another buddy with a great PU, I can borrow just about any time I need it..............

mazda_titan.jpg

A Mazda Titan, 2 ton, and those are metric tonnes, so 1000 Kg each for a total of 2000 Kg, or 4400 lbs.

Great truck, all three sides of the box on the back fold down. You can buy a good runner like this for less than $500, but in my neck of the woods, parking is more than that a month, :eek: I have only two parking spots, and need them both.

Frank, you could tell you grandson that the trailer is a kind of a truck..........? :D

Last edited:
Besides, we certainly don't need the expense and the hassle of a second vehicle -one is bad enough.

We also live as a one-vehicle household. I like point out to people that having just one car is like giving yourself a $10,000 a year raise. They don't always believe me at first. I've read a few stats/studies that tell us that owning a car costs you about $6-7k a year**, and to have that kind of money (after taxes) you need to earn $10k before taxes. Voila!

...art

** (Funny how most people have no trouble at all believing that owning a car costs them $7k a year. Parking by where I work is $50 a month, so that is $600. Insurance for most people is close to a grand as well. So we're at $1600 without even taking into account gas, repairs, or the actual purchase price of the vehicle.)

pps: And yes, I know that there are exceptions.