Cherry gloat

Bob Gibson

I wanted 5/4 cherry for the trestle table my wife wants. My usual supplier, New England Forest Products, only had 4/4 and 6/4 available. I want the top to be about 1-1/8" thick so 4/4 would finish out to thin and 6/4 would waste $ by planing off too much wood. I found 5/4 FAS rough cherry at a place that I've heard of but never been to but their price was over $6.50bf. I was coming back from Woodcraft they were pretty close by so figured I'd stop by and check them out. Maybe I could get a discount on 100bf. I was having an anxiety attack figuring I was going to spend around $650.00 in wood:eek:
The place was amazing. Every kind of lumber you could think of. Plus, they were having a sale on cherry.... 40% off :D.... I ended up paying $3.87bf for just about 100 bf of 5/4.

Totally made my day :D. Great people and service too. Highland Hardwoods just earned themselves a new customer.

Chuck, You must of known about these folks, how come you kept it a secret :rofl:

Attachments

• 100_4350.jpg
    100_4350.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 43
You are a better man than me, Bob. All the 5/4 skip-planed hardwood that I buy is about 1-3/16". After flattening and finish hand planing in my shop, I would be hard pressed to maintain a thickness greater than 1-1/16"