It's Friday! 11/30 Edition

I've been making an outhouse storage shed for various sawmill sundries. I'm hoping to finish it up this weekend. With short daylight after work it's hard to get much done! I've been working on a project for my daughter for WAY to long and I'm going to try and get that finished up too.

Tonight maybe a bit of shop time. Tomorrow coaching a double header of 1st/2nd grade girls bball games and then have the afternoon and night to celebrate the wife's birthday. Sunday I hope to get out on the bike trails as its supposed to hit 60 here!

What Jeff Said!

Nice rainy weekend here. I'm working on some paneling for the entertainment alcove and refinishing my little travel acoustic guitar.

Watch the NASCAR Cup awards tonight.

Maybe some shop time Saturday morning while LOML is hitting yard sales with a neighbor.

Sunday should be a day-long chill-out!

Hit the road early Monday morning to go to the retina doc in Tallahassee.

Spending the weekend taking a course related to another hobby of mine. ;)
pistols.gif

Tomorrow is my granddaughters 3rd birthday. I mentioned awhile back that I was making a Tinkertoy set for her. Over 400 drilled holes, 14 feet of 1/4" dowels. But a bunch of fun.:D:thumb:

002.jpg003.jpg

Tomorrow is my granddaughters 3rd birthday. I mentioned awhile back that I was making a Tinkertoy set for her. Over 400 drilled holes, 14 feet of 1/4" dowels. But a bunch of fun.:D:thumb:

You sir are a hero, that is a very cool present.

I believe we're going into PDX for zwanse day tomorrow http://cantillon.be/br/3_21, we think (but don't know for sure) that the mystery beer will be the fou foune (apricot lambic, which reminds me.. need to bottle my clone of that soooon). Sunday heading over to a friends to clear some trees, nothing big this round but might get a few small turning pieces if I'm lucky.

Mounted some speakers in the assembly room since I now have an assembly table and might actually spend some time in it instead of just walking through it to get to the shop!! Spent most of today rearranging the shop. Not the main tools, but file cabinets, assembly table turned 90 degrees and re-leveled. Some clean up. May need to move the 220 receptacle for the air compressor to another spot as I moved the compressor so I could be compliant on free space in front of the breaker box. Getting close to being able to turn on the leaf blower and try to get rid of some accumulated dust. Hope I don't freak out the neighbors!!! Jim.

Last edited:

View attachment 71998View attachment 71999

Roger thats a beauty set. Its gonna get hours of use and fun. Way to go on making it. Wish my grandpa had made me something like that. :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Got some shop time yesterday was pretty cold here ended up having to run a propane heater in my shop for the moment to be able to keep warm enough to do anything. Getting my lathe bench finished up and lathe mounted and cleaned up after rust.:( .
Hope to get new draw slides mounted today and move more stuff into shop.
Getting there. :)
Oh and Linda decided no adding to this places electriks get a generator and build enclosure then we have it for future. More important her insurance risk manager side said given how electriks are now she dont want anything to do with any chance that someday after we gone something happens that has nothing to do with us but gets blamed our way.
So i gotta now get to it and sort out having power before it gets too cold to do a thing. Might hire a construction heater and run it from garage door blowing hot air into the whole garage. What a distraction and waste of time and money. But i could not take a whole winter cooped up in front of puter or tv. And no kids to see to for sports like hockey so i need to do this its the price of sanity. Dont know how them mountain men survived in a cabin in winter without getting out.
Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2