Pop Woodworking 31 days Giveaway

Some nice prizes. They well be worth having to "unsubscribe" form all the email adds I'm going to receive!:D

You get 5 extra entries for every one that signs up, if I read it correctly, but I didn't see how I tell them to give you the extra entries.

Last edited:
So, how about we each mention which days (prizes) we would like to win? Pick items based on personal use and not some resale value. I will go first.

Day 5 - 5/4 Cherry Flitches

Day 14 - Blue Spruce Paring Chisel

Day 17 - Lake Erie Toolworks Wooden Vise Set

Day 21 - Hamilton Toolworks new marking gauge. I have two of his marking gauges, but not this new style.

Day 27 - Knew Concepts Fret Saw

Why I did not pick some items:

Clamps, I have more than enough of the styles shown.

LV Chisels, they were not of their PM-V11's (they are O1) and I have a whole set of LN's. If they were the PM-V11, I would go for them. The O1 are still a good set.

Power tools, well you know why and besides I have what I need. There is no upgrade that I see there.

Grand Prize, not interested in a box of WoodRiver tools, when I have a more complete and better set of handplanes.

I couldn't figure out how to get the 5 extra by having Glenn added. It sure is not clear to my fossilized brain. I probably just need a shot of youth, formula 20.

1 I have the Bosch Colt and like it. I would really like the plunge.

3 Forrest blade. A new saw blade is ALWAYS fun.

4 I really like my Bessey clamps and would really like to have more.

11 I could really use that saw. I am using an antique Craftsman contractor's saw.

31 This would be a nice addition to my hand tools.

Does that sound greedy enough?

Enjoy,

JimB

This is on the page where you enter. You probably have to email each friend form that page to get it:

"Share with friends after you enter to receive 5 bonus entries for each friend who enters, every day!"

This is on the page where you enter. You probably have to email each friend form that page to get it:

"Share with friends after you enter to receive 5 bonus entries for each friend who enters, every day!"

I'd take any of the prizes, by the way, what I can't use I know I could find a friend that could.

And Bessey's 12 days starts on FB on Wednesday...

(much as I might like to keep that to myself, I can't in good conscience! :thumb:)

ps: Sorry Stu, Canada + US only. Better get your daughter to enter for you!

Thanks for posting :D

There are definitely some items more of interest than others, but like Paul I have a few friends who could use a little cheer on the side as well.

Jim, once you enter they send you an email with a link near the bottom saying something like "Share this EXACT link:
http://popularwoodworking.upickem.net/r/SomethingSomething ) where the somethingsomething is a specific code for you. If you send that link to Glen and have him click on it, you get the 5 extra.

So, how about we each mention which days (prizes) we would like to win? Pick items based on personal use and not some resale value. I will go first.

Day 5 - 5/4 Cherry Flitches
Grand Prize, not interested in a box of WoodRiver tools, when I have a more complete and better set of handplanes.

Well, Bill, I've done my best to increase your odds, as today (20bdft of Cherry 5/4 flitches) is the first day that I am NOT entering.

So far, Day 1,2,3,4 would all be welcome in my shop... There are a few things that I don't really need, but I'd just resell those. But there are also a few things that I don't think would be that easy to resell (Days 8, 17, for instance), so I'd just as soon not enter on those days and let them got to more interested folks.

As for the grand prize... I'm not generally that interested in toolboxes like that, but I'd still be interested to see what is inside it!

...art