turned earrings

Way to go in bringing out the best in the wood John. Interesting design would have liked to see a coin in the pic to be able to get a better idea of scale.
Will that red stay red ? I have no experience with that much red in the wood.

Very very nice John:thumb: They almost look Chinese hanging like that and look a bit like candle flames if they were upside down.

How and what are they connected to to be used as earrings ?

The wife and daughter makes jewelry and she has some hooks that look like a messed up S. It's small on one end and you crimp it to the eye and the other end goes in the ear.

Thanks guys, they're right at an inch long. I started with a 3/4 x 3/4 blank about 3.5, 4 inches long. I put that in a 4 jaw chuck. I got both out of one blank.

Last edited:
Vaughn, you could easily get a pair out of a pen blank.

The reason I made them was my wife took an ornament with a finial to work for a friend and she mentioned that the finial would make a neat pair of earrings. I made her a pair out of Cocobolo that my wife took to work. She said they had a fit over them. She said that the lady has dark hair and the dark wood of the cocobolo made the earrings disappear. I was going to make her another pair out of the FBE, but you know the rest.