Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orders

Orders

Well got most of my Christmas orders done. I have in the back from left to right is two cedar peppermills, a set of cedar salt and peppermills, a set of cherry salt and peppermills, along with several toothpick holders. In front in the middle is a Honduran Mahogany salt mill and antique peppermill and on the right front is a cherry antique peppermill with toothpick holder. I made some extra coasters on the left. These are 5 of the 11 orders I got. The others have already been picked up. I have 3 pens left to make yet and one antique peppermill as I sold the wifes when we ran out at the craft fair. So need to get her another one. Insides have two coats of shellac and the outsides are lacquer. Would have used water based lacquer but needed to get these finishe quickly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pepper mills 2.jpg  
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

All really looks nice, Bernie. When I get my organ built I going to get back to the lathe for a while.
    "We the People ......"

Hey Bernie, i think you got to change that signature line of yours. I thought this was supposed to be retirement. Title like orders hardly sounds retired.

All look great and i find it fantastic that you are able to make your hobby pay for itself and have fun doing it in retirement. Just dont let the orders spoil the goodtime.

I got orders to make more of your birdnests for Xmas not paying customer its my wife, but since i made a few last Xmas this is what happens. I blame you.
    Now i got to find some of those small birds. I have only been able to get rather big ones here at Michaels.
    cheers

"...sold the wife's" I love it. That's going the extra mile Bernie. Beautiful work.

Great looking stuff Bernie. Congrats on all the orders
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    Great looking stuff Bernie. Congrats on all the orders
    I came here to say the same thing. Well done, Bernie.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Well done Bernie. You have been busy.

Did you build the clocks in the background as well? I've been really wanting to build a clock of some kind recently.
    It's not what you achieve in life...It's what you overcome!

Thanks to all.

Rob I have broad shoulders and will take the blame. I get my birds here Rob. http://www.sagebaskets.com/index.php...2abd5ba730a15e A lot cheaper than Michaels. I get 24 birds for about the same price as 6 at Michaels. I get the 1" and 1.5" birds.

Tom B. I used to build a few grandfather clocks. I have sold 9 I built since 1988. I got depend on how ornate they were from $5,000 to $9,000. Have sold a lot of my equipment but every piece of wood was cut shaped, etc. I have one I am in the process of building for me and that will be the last. What you see in the background are part of my clock collection. I have some 70 or so clocks. One clock I bought at a estate auction in Pleasaton, Neb. was owned by a watch repairman to time his watches and was brought there in a covered wagon around 1861. Kids didn't want it so they sold it. I bought it for $245. Found out it is valued at somewhere between $21,000 and $24,500. On top of turning I do antique clock restoration and clock repair but am starting to wind that down. Just getting to demanding and trying to travel isn't helping.
    Bernie W.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Weishapl View Post
    One clock I bought at a estate auction in Pleasaton, Neb. was owned by a watch repairman to time his watches and was brought there in a covered wagon around 1861. .
    Bernie would you mind sharing a photo of the clock? I would love to see it.
    It's not what you achieve in life...It's what you overcome!

Here ya go Tom. The first pic's is the a few clocks in my collection, the second pic's is a my grandfather in progress and the third is a pic's of the Seth Thomas wall clock I was talking about. Enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Clocks 1.jpg   My Grandfather 1.jpg   Seth Thomas Wall Clock 2.jpg  
    Bernie W.