More WOOD, like i needed anymore..

In my area after about 10 months wood will be down to right at 12%. It won't get much lower than that. If I take it into the shop which is conditioned it will go down to around 7-8% in about 2 weeks. This is for 4/4 stuff.

john pretty much has it, but i have it inside which helps to get drier faster,, as for where it is going i dont know rob you need some wood come on down, can part with some oak and some soft maple, or walnut if the price is right.. john, the walnut i cut was a low grade veneer log to much sap but clean heart wood.. made some 8/4 this round so i can have some to work with next year.. and yup i watched tom haul off all the sawdust and some boards as well,, always have been good at watchun:)

That's a really sweet haul!!

How much would you say the log that was on the mill weighed? I'm in the middle of negotiating some wood and figuring out how to get the logs out is part of it, they are really close to that size so was curious how close my math was (I figured around 1500 lbs green, for 24" diameter and 9' long).

Ryan, I use this calculator to get an idea of log weight. http://www.woodweb.com/cgi-bin/calculators/calc.pl?calculator=log_weight I also have an app on my phone that I can calc. weight and board feet.

Larry, I bet even "low" grade it was a nice log. I like the contrast between the sap and heart anyway. Man I'd like to find some nice walnut to cut around here! I've got around 30 acres and I don't think there's a walnut on the place, dang it!

Ryan, I use this calculator to get an idea of log weight. http://www.woodweb.com/cgi-bin/calculators/calc.pl?calculator=log_weight I also have an app on my phone that I can calc. weight and board feet.

Larry, I bet even "low" grade it was a nice log. I like the contrast between the sap and heart anyway. Man I'd like to find some nice walnut to cut around here! I've got around 30 acres and I don't think there's a walnut on the place, dang it!

ryan that calculator that john linked to is spot on, i use it all the time for bf or weight.. use doyle or international to get bf to be close on the actual amount. scribner is alittle to high, if you cut at a 1.125"

yeah i keep some of it john, but the log had more than needed this time.. hey come on up i got more still standing:)

I just want you to know I am a logger also. In Colorado, Myrna's brother cut down the trees. His sons trimmed them and jockied them around and tied a rope on them (one at a time). I drove the IH Scout and drug them down to the truck. See what a real "He Man I Am." They became a fence around a 40 acre field for quarter horses. I didn't do anything but drive and I was POOPED, and sore. That was enough work to last me a lifetime.

Enjoy,

JimB

;)All right, all right, now that you've made me drool over my keyboard is there anything more interesting than that? No long list of projects to be made out of that? Tch.. Tch... Don't tell me that it needs some drying time...
Use that time to think about what you're going to do with it.

Maybe I should hop over and give you some conquistador ideas... :D;)

;)No long list of projects to be made out of that? Tch.. Tch... Don't tell me that it needs some drying time...
Use that time to think about what you're going to do with it.

I was working on getting a friends tree the other day and one of our co-workers overheard the discussion. He was all "hey I'd like to get in on that, I need to build a table". I replied "sure get back to me in two years when its all dry and ready to use"!! :rofl:

Apparently that didn't meet his wifes timeline.

I was working on getting a friends tree the other day and one of our co-workers overheard the discussion. He was all "hey I'd like to get in on that, I need to build a table". I replied "sure get back to me in two years when its all dry and ready to use"!! :rofl:

Apparently that didn't meet his wifes timeline.

I know his wifes name isnt sharon.

I just had to, it was a setup line.