Here is one that I did over the summer, and I'm getting ready to make some more as Christmas presents.

It may be a little hard to see in the picture but the back is clear plexi-glass. It allows you to see into the box.

Wow, I missed this one earlier. That's a cool idea, Daris. :thumb: We'll be expecting action shots sometime next year. :D

Good idea, but I curious if the birds will stay. They may like a little privacy. Maybe one way glass so they don't know they are being watched. Please let us know if they accept the openness. I've love to build something like that.

I second Paul. Do you know if any birds have stayed in a house like that? If so, what kind of birds?

Enjoy,

JimB

Similar houses are available from retailers, so I suspect they do attract birds. Click the "More Information" tab in the product description section on this page for a bit of discussion about how to mount it and what kinds of birds to expect.

Thanks for the link Vaughn. Would seem someone with some very good wordsmithing abilities has been at work on that web page. They dont actually mention which birds use it but speaking to the issue of bird privacy that Paul raised i see they mention that one has to keep the curtains closed and peek in from time to time.

Darris there are some valuable spec upgrades which you might want to consider adding to you nest given the people they say have been involved.

Ventilation holes on the side and they mention something about the hole being fitted with something that prevents predators from enlarging it strange thing is i dont see this on the picture.

Be interested to see how birds do take to it and what ones do.