test of cache issues

darren dont know if it was cache or just bad vibes, but i tried to get on last night around 9pm several times and it wouldnt let me on it would go threw with name and password and then wouldnt let me on??? done it to me this am aswell??? worked fine tonight though..

Thanks Darren for all the heavy lifting you do around here to take care of these kinds of issues. I thought it was my piece of junk computer on my desk. Can you tell i am ready for an upgrade. :D

I finally got a reply from bluehost this afternoon. Typical "We can't reproduce, give us the exact steps...blah blah" stuff ... I pointed them to their own forum's thread showing several people having trouble AND the vBulletin forum post about lots of vBulletin users having LOTS of trouble as a result.

With some strong words demanding they simply roll back whatever they did tuesday, I wasn't going to subject my users to the non-patched situation for an unknowable time while waiting for them to return to my issue. If they took 3 days to answer me, I wasn't going to leave the band-aid off for that long. I politely demanded they simply undo what they did.

This evening I decided to check ... and without the no-cache setting, my forum SEEMS to be acting right ... no further word from bluehost yet ... but things do appear to be happening on their end ... we shall see. For now, I'm running without the .htaccess mods.

Thanks Jason, I appreciate the update. Will update ours too.

Edit: updated, let me know if the issues you had before are back if you see them...thanks

Last edited:
For at least the past week I've had trouble when logging in here. It's EXTREMELY slow. I can go to any of the other forums I belong to and as soon as I click on the link the sight pops up.

I've tried both google chrome and firefox.

For at least the past week I've had trouble when logging in here. It's EXTREMELY slow. I can go to any of the other forums I belong to and as soon as I click on the link the sight pops up...

Yeah, same here. I know they're working on it, but the looong delays are really frustrating. I often takes over 30 seconds for anything to happen...

Were any of you seeing something about the browser loading from http://myskype.skype.com?

I had noticed it earlier today, then again tonight that it was trying to load icons for skype, but just seem to hang up the loading of the page and never loaded the icons. I've commented out the code so it doesn't try to load it now.

Let me know if that helps...

Besides that there were some database server issues earlier this week, also seem to be getting hit with a lot of requests from time to time by the search crawlers, so we've altered the main ones (google, bing, and yahoo) to check for updates a little less often and ask those that could to only update after 11PM (which is going to kill Vaughn's browsing pleasures here).