Window Shopping in Seattle

Bill Satko

The wife and I decided to take a couple of days off during the week and travel to downtown Seattle to do a little holiday window shopping. Staying at our favorite little hotel, the Vintage Park. But first we had to stop in the SOHO district to visit Seattle Pottery Supply. No, not for me. My wife is into slab work ceramics and this is the store for ceramic supplies in the PNW. I forego hitting the hardwood lumbers down here, because she would not appreciate me trying to load up her car with some care packages for me. That will have to wait until I bring my truck. I also passed up on Rockler & Woodcraft in the same area.

After lunch we visited the Market.

2012-12-05_15-11-38_686.jpg2012-12-05_15-11-48_346.jpg2012-12-05_15-12-23_321.jpg

Then it was on to some shopping. I really should get something for Larry Merlau, but what! Since I did not go to Woodcraft or Rockler, where am I going to find a store that will have something that Larry needs?

Wait, what's this? Hmmm.

2012-12-05_15-38-42_654.jpg

Tonight, some family is meeting us for dinner. Should be an enjoyable evening. Tomorrow is a nice breakfast and the trip back to Bellingham.

Last edited:
Tonight, some family is meeting us for dinner. Should be an enjoyable evening. Tomorrow is a nice breakfast and the trip back to Bellingham.

Sounds like it will be fun...oh wait!

2012-12-05 21.22.28.jpg

It WAS! Thanks again for a great evening, truly enjoyed the time we spent with you and your wife....Thanks again! :wave:

We also enjoyed the time Darren. It was great evening spent with you, your wife and your co-worker. Next time you come to the Washington, I will show you my shop and we can talk some woodworking. Safe traveling on Saturday.

hey vaughn when you get the chance to meet darren ,, its gonna be costly, he is into fire arms as much as you are:) i am sure that the lead will fly as much as the other stuff:)

hey vaughn when you get the chance to meet darren ,, its gonna be costly, he is into fire arms as much as you are:) i am sure that the lead will fly as much as the other stuff:)

Costly for him, maybe. :whistling: I think I've been adding more to the collection lately than he has. ;) But you're right, between woodworking, guitars, guns, computers, and who knows what else, we'd definitely have plenty to talk about,