Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nothing to do

nothing to do

this is the first time since august of 2006(when I first cut my first piece of wood), I have nothing planned, no woodworking in the works, nothing, nada, zip.

Is it physically possible to suffer withdrawal symptoms from stopping a hobby?

My wife tried to help me today, she gave me a list of errands, bank, groceries, 99cent store, hang 2 pictures, but I finished that by 10 am, and thats it for the to do list for her.

Im stumped. I might have to get dressed in non sawdust looking clothes(during the daylight hours), and go to a movie, or a museum.

Im thinking I might have to go buy a bunch of pressure treated and get started on making parts for next summers chairs.(this was something I was saving for mid feb when the snow keeps me home alot)

maybe Ill read a book.
    Human Test Dummy

you can drive over here allen and stack and sticker my wood and then you can start on the rest of my back log
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

What happened to those pen kits you bought awhile ago? Wait....knowing you there probably already made...what was I thinking?
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Have thought of building an organ. It should keep you busy for a while, least it is me.
    "We the People ......"

jeff-pen kits are for the cold winter time when I wont go out into the garage/shop
    Paul-although I think they are super cool and unique,it doesnt hold alot of interest for me right now.
    guess Ill have to rearrange some lumber storage and make a few drawers for my planer cabinet.
    Last edited by allen levine; 12-10-2012 at 06:11 PM.
    Human Test Dummy

Maybe you can get that table finished for Brent? That might hold you over for a day or two!

Sounds like a good time for some sketchup tutorials.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Reluctantly, with all my spare time this week and next, Im going to spruce up the shop a little.
    Not my cup of tea, as I dont care what it looks like in there as long as my tools work.
    couple of drawers stick, and I need to add a few to a cabinet.
    Human Test Dummy

Possible conversation:

boss: whatcha doing today?
    you: not much!
    boss: that's all you did yesterday!?!
    you: well I ain't done yet!

You could build one of them tin can shop heaters I posted in off topic the other day. Might let you put off making those pens for a while longer

Here you go Allen. Build one of these.
    It's not what you achieve in life...It's what you overcome!