nothing to do

allen levine

this is the first time since august of 2006(when I first cut my first piece of wood), I have nothing planned, no woodworking in the works, nothing, nada, zip.

Is it physically possible to suffer withdrawal symptoms from stopping a hobby?

My wife tried to help me today, she gave me a list of errands, bank, groceries, 99cent store, hang 2 pictures, but I finished that by 10 am, and thats it for the to do list for her.

Im stumped. I might have to get dressed in non sawdust looking clothes(during the daylight hours), and go to a movie, or a museum.

Im thinking I might have to go buy a bunch of pressure treated and get started on making parts for next summers chairs.(this was something I was saving for mid feb when the snow keeps me home alot)

maybe Ill read a book.

What happened to those pen kits you bought awhile ago? Wait....knowing you there probably already made...what was I thinking? :doh:

jeff-pen kits are for the cold winter time when I wont go out into the garage/shop
Paul-although I think they are super cool and unique,it doesnt hold alot of interest for me right now.
guess Ill have to rearrange some lumber storage and make a few drawers for my planer cabinet.

Last edited:
Reluctantly, with all my spare time this week and next, Im going to spruce up the shop a little.
Not my cup of tea, as I dont care what it looks like in there as long as my tools work.
couple of drawers stick, and I need to add a few to a cabinet.

Possible conversation:

boss: whatcha doing today?
you: not much!
boss: that's all you did yesterday!?!
you: well I ain't done yet!

You could build one of them tin can shop heaters I posted in off topic the other day. Might let you put off making those pens for a while longer :rofl:

I got a pile of doors and draws that need building. Just think the 5 hour commute to work will make for a short work day.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl: