New coping sled, thanks Bessy

larry merlau

well i have had this in the works in my head for some time and got some spare time to finish it.:thumb: it has a 1/4" aluminum plate base with oak attached to anchor the Bessy clamps, which were made for this application:):thumb: i have a project that needed wide rails and i didnt want to have them rotate or flex up on me and i also didnt want to pay for the manufactured ones. so i set out to make this sled to do what i needed..
coping sled 001.jpg
i put psa sandpaper down to help grip on the alum.
coping sled 002.jpg
just slide the stock in under the guide rail, which will accept 5/4 stock
coping sled 003.jpg
put the sled on the router table next to the fence and and push the scrap & good stock to the Router table fence, and tighten clamps
coping sled 004.jpg
guide rail is your reference point, dont need a mitre slot.
coping sled 005.jpg
and i have room for a 6" wide rail:)

Nice setup. Oughtta work as well - or better - than most of the commercial rigs.

BTW, was this why (with the ¼" thick base) you needed the extra height with the M12V? :rolleyes:

Very well done. I would guess this is better than having a runner on the bottom and the jig follwing the track in the router table. THis way the fence is the master of the setting once dialed in or do i have it wrong?

What make of fence you got there Larry?

Very well done. I would guess this is better than having a runner on the bottom and the jig follwing the track in the router table. THis way the fence is the master of the setting once dialed in or do i have it wrong?

What make of fence you got there Larry?

rob i have a bench dog table and fence setup.. but use bessy yelo clamps to hold things where i want them:)