The Toughest Bridge in the World!

We had a new bridge being installed here recently. A truck hauling a large track hoe struck it and must have lowered the arm on the track hoe with the initial hit. The driver apparently pulled over, down the road, checked his load and kept going. He bent the first girder about 6" out of square. It must happen often as the DOT has a machine that will heat and bend them back into place, which they used to fix it. Not sure they ever tracked down the truck though.

I like the little wheelie some of those trucks do when they make contact. Those drivers deserve a few extra points for style. :D

I like the part where some keep going and did not stop to see what happened! One would think that they would feel, hear the top being removed.. Glad that it was them not me. I guess I could fit in the stupid category.

Sad thing is that this happens about once a month and the guy had enough footage to make the video.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
But if I remember right the same thing happened almost as often on the bridge just past the paper mill in Westbrook Me.:doh:

That's HILARIOUS!!! We have a couple of bridges in our area that get hit almost every year. The one down the road from me got hit twice in about 2 months this year. It's on my way to work and I was able to get around them OK. The railroad had to instal large steel girders a few years ago on either side of the bridge to take the impact instead of the bridge itself.

We had a new bridge being installed here recently. A truck hauling a large track hoe struck it and must have lowered the arm on the track hoe with the initial hit. The driver apparently pulled over, down the road, checked his load and kept going. He bent the first girder about 6" out of square. It must happen often as the DOT has a machine that will heat and bend them back into place, which they used to fix it. Not sure they ever tracked down the truck though.

We had that happen on a bridge over the Houston ship channel, only the arm of the track hoe went up and went through the upper deck ... there the truck sat with arm sticking up through the deck.

Agree on the stupidity of humans part. That vid makes the e-mail rounds to me almost monthly. Some people, like the RV guy seem to know the rig is too high to make it then he keeps going anyway. :huh: