Hollow Form #5 Revisited

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
I posted pics of this one a couple weeks ago here, and after debating it with myself for a while, I decided to re-do the collar/rim treatment to give it more of a curve to match the shoulders of the HF. I would have liked to make the collar a smaller diameter, but there wasn't enough wood to do what I had in mind.

As a refresher, here's a before picture:

HF5bT 799.jpg

And a few after pics:

HF5RbT 800.jpg HF5RdT 800.jpg HF5RgT 800.jpg HF5RfT 800.jpg HF5ReT 800.jpg

From some angles I like this version better; from others the original was better IMHO. I see it as all part of the learning process. :rolleyes:

Comments? Critiques?

I don't like the top. I really don't know how to describe it ( my life ling training has taught me not to think with emotions) but the top just doesn't look comfortable, the curvature is a little awkward. I think a hard deliniation for the ring would work.

He ducks and runs out the door.

I don't like the top. I really don't know how to describe it ( my life ling training has taught me not to think with emotions) but the top just doesn't look comfortable, the curvature is a little awkward. I think a hard deliniation for the ring would work.

He ducks and runs out the door.
No need to duck or run. :) I haven't been comfortable with the top either, in both of its incarnations. Too pretty of wood to throw away, but like I said, it's been an education.