Why do I have to Login Each Time?

Al Launier

Lately I've had to Login every time I visit this site, regardless if I click on "Remember Me", which I do every time I have to Login. THis is sporadic, sometime I'm remembered, sometimes I'm not. Have I set up something incorrectly?

I know we aren't doing anything on the server side to log folks out.

Do you have any kind of 'cookie' blocker running on your browser? The site does use a cookie to recognize that you are you, and if that isn't there, well, it would make you log in each time.

Today, I have been finding all of my regular sites with my name and pass gone, I have to log in everywhere. Some will not allow previously used passwords. Meaning I now have about a dozen passwords. I'm going to have to write them down. Some security. And, he at FW, I always get a message saying I can't log in then it logs in. :huh: Some setting somewhere has changed but I'm bumfuzzled about where.

:eek: so exactly what happens to all the dues & association fees & salary we pay? :huh::D

Not everyone realizes the team effort and expense it takes to keep things running smoothly here at Family Woodworking. Here's a recent photo showing our Tech Center hard at work, making sure all the bits and bytes are in the right place. (That's Darren on the right hurrying to the computer room because Brent just spilled a chocolate milk on the server rack.)

20r3hfp.jpg

I know we aren't doing anything on the server side to log folks out.

Do you have any kind of 'cookie' blocker running on your browser? The site does use a cookie to recognize that you are you, and if that isn't there, well, it would make you log in each time.

Thanks for the timely response.
Under Tools/Internet Options I do have the Browsing History (temporary files, history, cookies, saved passwords & web form information) set up for deletion on exiting. And,& I do have the "Delete the browsing history on exit" box checked. However, other sites that I frequent recall my sign-on every day, yet it seems that this site recalls the sign-on for a day only - I have to sign-on each new day. Weird.

I'll unclick the Delete Browsing History box tonight when I'm done for the day & see what happens tomorrow. Maybe that's the culprit, but if so why aren't the other forum sited affected the same way? This gets curiouser & curioser.

By the way, you guys are way too much! Love the humor! LOL

Last edited:
Same results as before. Other sites recall my Login, but it seems to last for only a day at FW. I have to Login in anew each day and to my knowledge I'm not aware of any cookies blocking my browsr IE. Is there another way to tell this other than the Tool/Internet Options menu?

Thanks Al. Looking into this. From the research I've done so far, it's really inconclusive as to why it only affects some users and not others. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks Brent, appreciate the effort. Although I'm not"glad" others are experiencing this phenomenon, I'm somewhat relieved to find I'm not causing this - hopefully anyway.