upcoming fun

Dan Noren

Staff member
with having finished writing all of the stuff for the newsletter, i was wondering what i could do after i ran out of stuff for the how it's done area. what i had planned on doing was to show how i designed stuff with sketchup, when i had the big idea. the big idea was to show how to layout, and furnish an entire house. what i will be introducing in april of 2013 will be called the casa burro project. with the how it's done section, i am going to show the design process for furniture, and the casa burro project will show how it all fits together. so far i have selected a floor plan, raised the walls, and finished the first area which is the shop/garage, and i thought i'd show it to you guys first, both the sketchup model, and the rendered version. (see what happens when i get literally frozen out of the shop... lol)

Attachments

• casa burro workshop garage.jpg
    casa burro workshop garage.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 46
  • casa burro workshop garage rendered.jpg
    casa burro workshop garage rendered.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 44
Many years ago the Penuts kids were pointing out all of the complicated things that they saw while watching clouds. Charlie Brown said something like, "Gee I thought I saw a bunny rabbit."

Well, I look at what you are doing and I say, "Gee, I'm glad when I can make a cube."

Enjoy,

JimB

a quick update as to where the casa burro project stands. so far i've added all the doors and windows, finished up the living room, the laundry room, the master bathroom, the guest bathroom, the dining area, and the study. the to be done list is add the master bedroom, the guest bedroom, and the kitchen. i need to add some artwork to the study walls, and the one wall of the guest bathroom, and add the window. here's the rendered pic of the house, after the full 10k passes.

Attachments

• casa burro.jpg
    casa burro.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 11