Weekend bench Photos

It may take a while Don but you are doing great work as usual. Keep on truckin. I am glad to see that I am not the only one that weekend projects sometimes turn into week or two or longer projects.

Not much on my bench, I just got finished a project, for a contest for another WW site, so my bench is clear, mostly.

bench_shot1.jpg

I did get two knobs turned for Kermit, I wanted to do the larger knobs, but I do not have a die for that size of rod.
kermit_knobs.jpg

Not much else going on, I have two paying jobs to get started, a band saw to build and a few other things on the go............ yep, everything is normal around here! :D

Not much on my bench, I just got finished a project, for a contest for another WW site, so my bench is clear, mostly.

View attachment 6443

I did get two knobs turned for Kermit, I wanted to do the larger knobs, but I do not have a die for that size of rod.
View attachment 6444

Not much else going on, I have two paying jobs to get started, a band saw to build and a few other things on the go............ yep, everything is normal around here! :D

And you were worried about my entry over there. :huh: :rofl:

Great looking entry Stu!!!:thumb: :D :thumb: :D

How did you go about making the tab for the end of your ZCI? I've got the same saw and I pattern routed mine and then hand sawed the tab down to size. Lot of work and I'm always looking for an easier way.

Matt,
I also routed the zci using original plate as a pattern. I used two sided tape to mount the plate to a 3/8” thick piece of red oak , I used a ¼" dia panel bit with a roller bearing
I routed tight around the plate, tight into the radiuses and across the end of the tab on my router table. then routed the depth of the tab to 3/16” with a mortising bit and dressed up the radius under the tab with a hand file.
I drilled the four plate height adjuster set screws 10-24 tap and did not quite tap all the way through the holes, this allowed the set screws tap the last couple of threads which will hold the set screws snug on final adjustment.

I plan on making another for a dado blade which , I don’t have yet.
Do you have a dado blade for your 2400 yet. If so which one did you get?

Last edited: