Site Software upgraded and Performance Issues

Sorry fellas. Got some more changes planned tomorrow to hopefully fix the issues or at least knock off another item that the host is making us fix before they look at the issue any further. Will be a short outage tomorrow night, would be sooner, but got holiday stuff here to deal with. :wave:

Yeah i just logged on its 10:06 here in Canada and the site is performing much better. Has me thinking as i have for some time that its not our site per say but the Hosting service and their bandwidth allocation or something of that kind related to how many urls are sharing one server etc. Or some other site on the same server has all their users sleeping right now. :D

Anyhow thanks Darren Brent and Vaughn and any other admins i have missed. Just want to say thanks for the effort you put in I appreciate it very much and i am sure our buddies all do too.

Yeah i just logged on its 10:06 here in Canada and the site is performing much better. Has me thinking as i have for some time that its not our site per say but the Hosting service and their bandwidth allocation or something of that kind related to how many urls are sharing one server etc. Or some other site on the same server has all their users sleeping right now. :D

You and I are thinking similarly. The performance issues are happening nearly randomly and some of the queries will take fractions of a second one iteration, and many seconds another. Darren has a pretty good list of things we need to do to rule out any software related issues, so we are working through those.

another possible clue brent, i have found that when i get the do i want to leave page message after trying a couple times, that i can do a control c of the text and then the next time it wont ask me and go threw?

it may be me but i think that the forum is running well again, and like most things when it is working good we forget about the bad times and those that worked at fixing it.. so thanks for what and who did this for the forum and it seems to be back to normal on my end quick and no hick ups:)

it may be me but i think that the forum is running well again, and like most things when it is working good we forget about the bad times and those that worked at fixing it.. so thanks for what and who did this for the forum and it seems to be back to normal on my end quick and no hick ups:)

+1 :thumb:

I hope one of you knocked on wood. :knock:

Honestly we haven't done anything. We've still been taking just as many hits and still seeing the same cpu and query stats as we've seen over the past few weeks. So either we ran off all the other clients on our box or they figured out that something was wrong. We are at the point we are going to look at upgrading to a more robust server though, just need to see what we can afford.

Last edited:
i am pretty sure we can afford it darren if not then we will start knocking on doors and selling off some our excess wood:) if there is a better software out there we the forum should get it ..as its this forum that has helped so many here and still is in some form or another be it sanity or actually wood working stuff!!

Plus one on affording it. I agree with Larry we could whip around and quickly raise some loot to fund performance and even more so if it makes any of your admin lives easier.

I've been planning to talk to Bluehost about upgrading the hosting plan for several days, but haven't had the chance to do it yet. Once we have some concrete numbers on the costs, we'll be making some announcements about raising a few bucks. ;)