Gotta love Craigslist.

John Pollman

I've been using Craigslist for quite a while and it's pretty good. I've picked up maybe 3 or 4 items from CL, but I've used it mainly to sell or give away items. Quite often I check the wanted section to see if anyone is looking for something I have that I'd like to get rid of. Unfortunately the wanted section has become a joke. It's full of nothing but scrap metal dealers looking for stuff, spammers, and people re-posting over and over for the same stuff. But I still scan it now and then. I just checked it a few minutes ago and saw three separate ads (all by the same person). The first one is asking for a professional painter to paint thier fireplace white. Oh yeah, they would also like it cleaned too. But it's got to be done tomorrow ONLY. (the Friday before Christmas) The next one wants a new exterior back door on their house. Again, tomorrow only. The third ad wants a professional painter to come in and waterproof paint their basement walls and "pop all of the tiles off of the floor and paint the floor gray". Yep you guessed it, TOMORROW ONLY!

Where do these people come from? Ty Pennington and his crew couldn't do that stuff in ONE DAY! :rofl:

Last edited:
The lack of awareness of the physical world and the properties that govern it in much of our population troubles me :D.

C'mon, John, we've all seen them do complete home makeovers in an hour. It's on the TV every week. :rofl:

That's right. Oh silly me; I'll just remodel this 800 square foot kitchen . . . First, I tear down these upper cabinets while we go to commercial.

OK, we're back so let me just show you how to apply this granite conditioner so our new counter tops stay looking beautiful . . . there you go . . we're done!

Wait a second you guys are missing something.....

When we come back from commercial we first got to repeat the previous passage that was shown just before we went to commercial break, so that the short attention span population dont have to recall where we were before commercial. Also so we can stretch a 30 minute video shoot into 1 hour. :)