Thread: Up a creek...or almost in it rather

Up a creek...or almost in it rather

Had a nasty mix of snow and rain last light. The roads here were not really well treated with sand yet and have a nice layer of ice pack. Just watched this guy go over the curb, he tried to back up twice but has slid about another 10’ down the hill towards the creek.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-12-20 10.04.16.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	72479
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

I hope the guy quit while he was still ahead. Sliding off the road isn't nearly as bad as sliding into a creek.

BTW, that's a creek? Out here in the West, that'd be a full-blown river. A creek is something you can step (or at least walk) across. A river actually carries water.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    I hope the guy quit while he was still ahead. Sliding off the road isn't nearly as bad as sliding into a creek.

BTW, that's a creek? Out here in the West, that'd be a full-blown river. A creek is something you can step (or at least walk) across. A river actually carries water.
    I was working in Abilene Kansas for a guy at the FBO and had just landed a job with AirMidwest out of Wichita. I had to move to Roswell NM he told be to be sure and go ride the Pecos's River Rapids. When I got there I found I could step across it. He said wait until spring when the snow melts in the mountains. He and a buddy got on it and lost the boat and everything never seen any of it again. He was right it was over a half mile wide in the spring for awhile anyway then back to a foot and a half stream.
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Caughron View Post
    I was working in Abilene Kansas for a guy at the FBO and had just landed a job with AirMidwest out of Wichita. I had to move to Roswell NM he told be to be sure and go ride the Pecos's River Rapids. When I got there I found I could step across it. He said wait until spring when the snow melts in the mountains. He and a buddy got on it and lost the boat and everything never seen any of it again. He was right it was over a half mile wide in the spring for awhile anyway then back to a foot and a half stream.
    I have to agree with it being deceiving, last time I was in Albuquerque there were a bunch of signs south of town that warned of flooding, wasn't a drop of water for miles around.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

We got 12" here...heavy, wet, stick to shovel snow. We were out of Pam so it stuck like snot to the shovel. No need to go to gym today...or tomorrow! No work either!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Well, I feel like one of those lines in an old song---something like I hate California, its cold and its wet. I think cold, wet, drippy popcicles feel like I do out here in the shop right now. I shouldn't complain too much; it is rain, not snow.

Enjoy,

JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

I guess with driving like that he should have bought one of these

http://www.gibbssports.com/quadski

Good for creeks as well as roads. Even dessert storms.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post

Oooh, I want one!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post

Nice! That would be fun to have, like the truck version as well. I wonder how well those make it out of a lake when there's no ramp and it's mucky on the edges.
    Darren