Up a creek...or almost in it rather

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Had a nasty mix of snow and rain last light. The roads here were not really well treated with sand yet and have a nice layer of ice pack. Just watched this guy go over the curb, he tried to back up twice but has slid about another 10’ down the hill towards the creek.

2012-12-20 10.04.16.jpg

I hope the guy quit while he was still ahead. Sliding off the road isn't nearly as bad as sliding into a creek.

BTW, that's a creek? Out here in the West, that'd be a full-blown river. A creek is something you can step (or at least walk) across. A river actually carries water. :D

I hope the guy quit while he was still ahead. Sliding off the road isn't nearly as bad as sliding into a creek.

BTW, that's a creek? Out here in the West, that'd be a full-blown river. A creek is something you can step (or at least walk) across. A river actually carries water. :D

I was working in Abilene Kansas for a guy at the FBO and had just landed a job with AirMidwest out of Wichita. I had to move to Roswell NM he told be to be sure and go ride the Pecos's River Rapids. When I got there I found I could step across it. He said wait until spring when the snow melts in the mountains. He and a buddy got on it and lost the boat and everything never seen any of it again. :rofl: He was right it was over a half mile wide in the spring for awhile anyway then back to a foot and a half stream. :rofl:

I was working in Abilene Kansas for a guy at the FBO and had just landed a job with AirMidwest out of Wichita. I had to move to Roswell NM he told be to be sure and go ride the Pecos's River Rapids. When I got there I found I could step across it. He said wait until spring when the snow melts in the mountains. He and a buddy got on it and lost the boat and everything never seen any of it again. :rofl: He was right it was over a half mile wide in the spring for awhile anyway then back to a foot and a half stream. :rofl:

I have to agree with it being deceiving, last time I was in Albuquerque there were a bunch of signs south of town that warned of flooding, wasn't a drop of water for miles around. :)

We got 12" here...heavy, wet, stick to shovel snow. We were out of Pam so it stuck like snot to the shovel. No need to go to gym today...or tomorrow! No work either! :thumb: